• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Websites don't recognize I have latest Flash player

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, websites do not recognize that I have the latest version of Flash Player installed. (currently 10.0.45.2, and this is confirmed by the Adobe website.) When I want to watch videos or news feeds on the websites, they ask me to upgrade to the latest version of Flash, and link me to the Adobe website. I have Windows XP and use Internet Explorer 8, or Mozilla Firefox.

I have tried uninstalling older versions, rebooting, adjusting security options to allow Active X.

It's frustrating, please help!! Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, using IE, check in your manage add ons and find Shockwave Flash Object..ActiveX Control...Flash10e.ocx and make sure it is installed and Enabled.

Using FF(Firefox) find the SWF vs 10.0.45.2 plug-in and make sure it is installed and Enabled.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks eidnolb. I confirm Shockwave F/O, Active X Control, Flash 10e.ocx, version 9.0.16.0 is installed and enabled in my add-ons.

Then clicking on the 'more information' link shows me the box titled "You have approved this add-on to run on the following websites:" contains only a

and I can not input any websites.

The 'Remove all sites' box below it is available to click, but the 'Allow on all sites' is unavailable.

Any further suggestions greatly appreciated!

kind regards,

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the info. The version 9.0.16.0 of the Shockwave Flash Object is an old version. Flash10e.ocx is the latest

version which is 10.0.45.2. This is why the websites are giving the message, since you don't have the correct SWO.

You probably have an old Flash file also. Go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash. Right click on the Flash folder

and post back all that is listed there. The files for IE will indicate their version numbers. However the files for Firefox will

not. The NPSWF32.dll and the NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe files you will need to right click on each and then click on Properites in order to find the version number. I need to know all files listed and their version numbers where indicated. Some files

will not have any version number and that is ok.

Also, using your FF(Firefox) browser, find the SWF vs 10.0.45.2 plug-in and make sure it is enabled & let me know that and also if there is more than one SWF listed or what version if not the latest.

If you don't know how to find the Flash folder, let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in the Macromed\Flash folder there is Flash10e.ocx (ver 10.0.45.2), FlashUtil10e (ver 10.0.45.2), GetFlash, Install, and Uninstall_activeX.

To be honest, I don't really use Firefox; I have only recently downloaded it and expect to just use IE from now on. If you still require the Firefox info I can try and find it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well the IE Flash files are correct. The only thing I see is the "Get Flash", which is unusual. It's not listed in my folder and don't recall if I've ever seen it before. If you haven't installed Flash Player into FF, then you wouldn't have those files.

When you Uninstalled FP and Installed, the old SWO either was not removed, or was removed and something blocked the

latest SWO from installing.

What Anti-Virus/Firewall programs do you use and version # if you have it?

Are you running as Administrator?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eidnolb.

I'm using Norton Internet Security 2006, which I renewed once, but which updates subsequently expired two years ago. The Antivirus and Personal Firewall is running from that.

I'm the only user on the computer, so yes, I'm the administrator.

For some reason, IE won't let me open more than 4 active web sessions now, don't know if that's related or if I've done something to cause that!

Thanks again,

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, The Norton security and their Firewall, unless you disabled it completely would most likely have blocked the install of Shockwave Flash Object, the ActiveX Control.

I would download the Adobe Uninstaller to your Desktop:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Download Flash Player Installer for IE to your Desktop:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Set your Security via Internet Options to Medium for the Internet Zone.

Disconnect from the Internet, Close all browsers and Disable every component you can find of Norton and disable the Firewall. Check your system tray for any apps that may use Flash and disable them.

Run the Uninstaller, when finished Reboot(restart) your computer. When fully rebooted, Reboot again.

Run the Installer and when finished, Reboot Once.

Re-enable your Anti-Virus and Firewall and Connect back to the Internet.

Check your Flash folder and post back the files listed.

Check in the add ons for the Shockwave Flash Object ..ActiveX Control...Flash10e.ocx (vs 10.0.45.2) making sure it is listed and enabled. Post back that info also.

Also since the vs of Norton you have you may want to consider obtaining a more current Anti-Virus program. If you do,

the Norton Removal Tool is highly recommended in order to completely remove it from your system. Just removing it from the Programs and Features is not enough and will interfere with any new Anti-Virus program you install.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2010 Mar 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks eidnolb, I'll try all that when I have some spare time, and let you know if I still have problems,

Kind regards,

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2010 Mar 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, that is fine. The procedure is not as difficult as it sounds, just helps to ensure a successful uninstall/install.

If you have any questions, just post.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines