• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

404 Error in RDS Connection

Participant ,
Mar 31, 2010 Mar 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating an RDS connection to the internal CF9 server (127.0.0.1:8500) I get a popup box with a red 'X' saying 'Unable to contact RDS Server "Home."  Error Executing RDS command. Status Code: 404, Reason : Not Found'

Why am I getting this message?

It would be nice if we could connect to a database directly in CFB without having to use RDS. (hint hint)

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2010 Mar 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you check whether your CF server configured in RDS is up and running? Also, re-check the details provided in RDS configuration (hostname, port no., RDS username/password etc). You may want to check the context root if it's a J2EE server. You can click the 'Test Connection' button to check the connection everytime you alter the settings in RDS configuration.

Thanks,

Dipanwita

Adobe ColdFusion Builder Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2010 Apr 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you know of an easy way to check if RDS is up and running? I did a clean install of CF9 on my local machine and I thought that the default was to have it on.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2010 Apr 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In the default ColdFusion prespective in CFB, check if you can access files through RDS Fileview and the datasources on your CF9 server through RDS Dataview.

Thanks,

Dipanwita

Adobe ColdFusion Builder Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2010 Apr 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

But, how can you check in the ColdFusion administrator whether or not RDS in enabled?

Thank you for your help!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is from 13 years ago, but there is an rds tab in the cf admin Security section, which has a checkbox that can be used to confirm or enable rds. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation