Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing long lines of text BROKEN! - Bug #80222

Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you edit a long line of text and the text you are editing is to the right (the scrollbar is scrolled to the right), and you type something, the editor scrolls you back all the way to the left. As you keep typing, you are constantly scrolled to the right (where you are editing) and back to the left.

This is bug number 80222

Are other people having this problem? This is killing me!

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2010 Mar 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

As informed earlier, we got a consistent reproducible case for this not so long ago. So, we are investigating this issue and will try to fix it soon.

Thanks,

Dipanwita

Adobe ColdFusion Builder Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2010 Apr 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dipanwita,

Thanks for letting me know again.

Any ideas on when a fix might be available?

I still can't believe this bug made it in the final release. This might be the worst editor bug I've ever had to deal with and there's no work around! Every developer using CFB encounters this bug unless wrapping is turned on, and how many developers turn wrapping on?. I encounter this bug frequently during the day and it makes me frustrated because it's the kind of bug that should have been prioritized and fixed well before the FC release stage because it's so bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas on when a fix might be available?

Yeah.  I think this bug warrants a hotfix, rather than waiting around for v1.01 or something

I still can't believe this bug made it in the final release. This might be the worst editor bug I've ever had to deal with and there's no work around!

Quite.  I am sceptical that the CFB dev team needed a repro case before they conceded there was an issue here, because it happens on every single long line of code I have, in every single file, all the time, without fail.  And this has been the case for the last two releases of CFB, and on three different dev machines I use (using XP, Vista & Windows 7).  It's be trickier to come up with a case in which it didn't happen, based on my experience.

There is no way CFB should have gone out the door with this bug still in place.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad I'm not the only one complaining about this! I NEED A HOT FIX more than I need a cup of coffee right now! This bug is TERRIBLE.

With that said, I am also very happy with CFB and how it has already improve my CF development in many ways. Once this bug is fixed (along with several other annoying editor bugs), I will be even happier!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation