• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search in upgraded RH8 project does not work

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2009 Dec 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with search in Robhelp 8.  The files were converted from RH5 to RH8.  Now the search does not work.  Also, the webcab. files does not get generated in the output. 

Any answers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2009 Dec 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alaja

I don't follow why you appened this question to another thread so I have created a new one.

There are a few threads in the past few months where people have had this problem. Search for those and see if they help. If not, post back.

When you search add

+robohelp

to your search term to limit it to the RoboHelp forums.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2010 Apr 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for the reply.  I could not locate anything to deal with this specific issue. When I generate Webhelp, the webhelp output folder is not generated.  The Whgdata, whdata, Whxdata  folders are all updated.  I think the fact when I generate help and the WebHelp folder is not updated may the cause of the problem.

Let me know what you think.

Alaja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new folder and generate to that.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply.  I created a new folder and renamed the project, however

the Webhelp folder is not generated.  I have attached some pictures of the dialog boxes.The actual output folders that are generated are resource, whgdata, whdata, whxdata. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the folders that are created including their parent folder. Please use the camera icon to insert the image.

Also the first page of the wizard showing where you are generating to.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alaja.

Those screen you posted are not from RH8. It's been awhile since I used RHX5 but they look suspiciously like the ones from that version. Make sure you are generating your output from the right version.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I took a look at the version to make sure it was RH8.  If it is still RH5 then that may be the issue. single source layout options and partial dialoig.jpgOutput files Generated.jpgI cannot remember what the dialog boxes for RH5 look like.  Would that make a difference in the output generated? This gives me something else to look at. I have attached copies of the output folders that were created and the RH version I am working within. 

RH8.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you generate the help there is an option to view the help. What happens if you click that? If you see the help then it is being generated. Where is defined in the first page of the wizard.

I was wanting to see the parent folder for the folders you have shown. I cannot see how you can end up with those folders but no parent for them.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I generate and then view the help, it looks perfect!  I changed the name of the project folder since the information is proprietary.  I have several pictures including the parent folder and the only 3 folders that are generated.  I cannot find the Webhelp output folder.  I think this is what you need to see.

parent folder.jpgfolders underneath parent.jpggenerate webhelp image.jpghelp actually generating.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2010 Apr 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was able to generate output with a webhelp folder, however the webhelp.cab and webhelp,jar folder are not generated as part of the output.  Any ideas?

Thank you,

Alaja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2010 Apr 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see those files in RH8 webhelp but my help still works.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp