Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 freezes up often

Jan 26, 2009 Jan 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 7 tends to freeze up on me about 2x a week. I checked the minimum configuration for RH 7, and it seems to be fine. I am using a Dell Latitude D610 Intel Pentium processor, 1.73 GHz, 1.99 GB of RAM, 7.98 GB of free disk space. Actually the 7.98 GB of free disk space is recent. I have operated with 2.5 GB with the same results. The freeze up occurs most often when there is a Windows update waiting.

Is there a solution short of getting a new computer or reformatting the current hard drive and re-installing my software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2009 Jan 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not be considering a new PC for this reason. Neither should you be considering a reformat. Uninstalling and reinstalling should only be considered if you can establish the problem is not project related.

Have you tried deleting the CPD file and then reopening the project?

Is your project on the local drive and not on a network drive?

When you say there is a Windows update waiting, do you mean Windows is prompting you to reboot? If yes, have you tried letting it do just that?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2009 Jan 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking your time for my problems.

My project is now on a local drive, but I do backup every update to a network folder by copying the files.

The update is literally waiting. I do not elect to install while working in RoboHelp or any other application.

Somehow, after installing the Windows update and restarting, the system becomes more stable and I don't have that problem for a few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2009 Jan 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I just now deleted the CPD file, re-opened the project, and, just for the nonce, I generated a new webhelp and closed it.

Right now I am working on smaller related projects. I'll see what happens when I return to my largest project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp