• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 Frezes on Import File

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempting to import a file in project window. RH freezes dialog box never comes up. This was working this AM. Un-Installed RH and re-installed. Ran 8.0.1 update.

Tried differnt projects same result.

HELP!

J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2009 Nov 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help us by providing a little more information. What type of file are you importing (e.g. PDF, Word, FrameMaker) and how you are importing it? Also if it was working, what has changed in the interim? Does it work in a new blank project?

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2010 Apr 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem.  I installed RH8 Trial Version on Monday and it worked fine Monday

and Tuesday.  On Wednesday, I tried to go to File>Open and RH froze.  I used

Ctrl>Alt>Delete and tried to come back in and do an Import and the same thing happened.

I am using Windows Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2010 Apr 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue but with RoboHelp HTML - RH7.

I am running Windows XP with Office 2007.

When I try to import a .htm file that I created in Dreamweaver CS4 (by right-clicking on the folder and selecting Import...), the import window never appears.  My mouse goes to the far right side of my screen as if the window is off the screen somewhere.  I do not have my monitor extended to another monitor and have tried adjusting my monitor display.  I have also uninstalled RH and reinstalled it to no avail.

The same thing happens when I click my sub-folder and select File > Import > HTML File.

The same thing happens when I create a new topic in RH, then try to import a graphic.

I copied my RH project files to a shared drive and one of my co-workers was able to import with no issues.  I don't know if anything has changed on my system.  I've been using RH7 for over a year with no issues until this week. 

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2010 Apr 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the solution in this post, it worked for me.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2719183#2719183

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2010 Apr 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness, it worked!!! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2010 Apr 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, my preview CTRL W is not working. I'm sure the window is lost somewhere. Do you know how I would get it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

1. Press Alt+Spacebar
  2. Press M
  3. Press an arrow key
  4. Move the mouse around

I think Amber came up with this solution.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That solution worked for the Import File problem, but now I can use CTRL+W to preview a window.  My preview screen is lost.  How do I get that back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp