Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Regarding Help file style

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2010 Apr 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am new to RoboHelp. We created  "Application Help" project and generated .chm file sucessfully.Every thing is working fine with generated help file.

Check the MicrosoftWord2007 help file by click on F1.My client wants the same look and feel with my help file.

Does any one know if it is possible to generate the same look & feel help file with Adobe RoboHelp. If yes what type of project should i select from the availabe projects list and how can we generate?.

Any suggestions would be appreciated....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi madhubmk and welcome to the RH community.

I dare say most of what MS offers could be achieved by RH. Bare in mind that MS can afford to throw resources into their help documentation to come up with a heavilly customised look and feel. That is something that most places can only dream of. MS help uses a customised window, lots of DHTML drop downs, custom icons, etc. all of which can be handled by RH. I'd go back to the client and get them to highlight exactly which elements they like and then go from there.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry Colum, but I highly doubt that RH could duplicate the new (newish, anyway) Microsoft Help 2.x that they use in Office 2007 (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Help_2); it's supposedly being replaced (in Visual Studio anyway) with the new "Microsoft Help Viewer 1.0" in 2010. Neither one have been offered to HAT developers for us mere mortals to use <grin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp