Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

issues I have had with CF Builder

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2010 Apr 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have had lots of issues getting CF Builder installed and working.

So my goal is to get one eclipse with CF Builder, Flash Builder & FDT

Using Mac OS X (10.6.2) ColdFusion 9/port 80 (under JRun4)

to start(and why I ask here) was to install CF Builder:

step one install Eclipse (Java version Galileo).

Downloaded CF Builder as a plugin in

I did notice that the plugins where installed in /Applications/CF Builder,... but I assume that the plugins themselves were install into the eclipse plugin folder? Should I have installed everything in the eclipse folder? I just went for the defaults.

The first thing I noticed was no code hinting! I also discover after creating a server it would only last during the session. That is, on re start the server would be gone, and I would have to re create it. Also, the RDS gave be a forbidden error(I think 403). I did use the RDS password,and the server was running. As a test I did the same thing in dreamweaver CS 4 and worked perfectly, so I don't think that anything is wrong on the CF Side.

I am wondering did I just get a bad download or are others having issues as well? I have been using Eclipse for some time, and not an expert by any means, but I know my way around the IDE a little bit.

Any help would be great,

Thanks

Johnny

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is a cache issue  bacause the installation type is changed from Beta to Final release.

Installing into default location is fine as you did.

Workaround to the issue:

Remove the file named 'cfbuilder.link' from the eclipse_home\dropins directory by backing it up at some other location. Now launch the eclipse (This clear-off the eclipse cache).Now put back the cfbuilder.link file into the dropins directory and launch Eclipse to see the ColdFusion perspective.

Hope this resolves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks so much for your post.

Well today I re-installed Flash Builder 4 & ColdFusion Builder(as I got the student licence). I fist installed Flash Builder 4, and then I installed ColdFusion Builder as a plugin into Flash Builder 4, and it works!

I am so happy. Maybe I should of tried the eclipse way again, but I heard many people on twitter saying this way worked for them with no issues, and it did for me too, I am so happy

thanks so much for your help,

Johnny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation