• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help me explain to my IT Department

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2010 Apr 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be taking training very soon on RoboHelp 8 for Word and I need to talk to my IT department about what they need to do with the files I generate (in regards to placing them in our web application). Anyone have any suggestions on anything?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not certain I understand the question? What format are you presenting the content? Word?  Why not just used Word?

RoboHelp is used primarily for creating help systems not Word documents.

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all the documents in Word (3 Huge User Guides). I want to use RoboHelp to create an online help system within our application and I need to present the idea of this and what it involves after I create and generate the files as to what my IT department needs to do or build into our web application. I hope that helps a little more. Basically, I need to know a rough estimate of the level of effort it will take my IT department to do after I generate the files, etc.

Regards,

Jennifer

Print less. Save more paper. Protect the environment.

....................................................................................................................................................

CONFIDENTIAL TRANSMISSION

The information contained in this email including attachments is confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email, and delete this email and all attachments from your computer. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Further Clairification:

I have all the documents in Word (3 Huge User Guides). I want to use RoboHelp to create an online help system within our application and I need to present the idea of this and what it involves after I create and generate the files as to what my IT department needs to do or build into our web application. I hope that helps a little more. Basically, I need to know a rough estimate of the level of effort it will take my IT department to do after I generate the files, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things to mention here.

RoboHelp has the ability to import Word documents, relatively quickly and easily. It also has the ability to link Word documents to a RoboHelp project. The idea behind this is that you have others creating an updating the source in Word and then bringing those changes into RoboHelp pretty much at the press of a button. Which one you choose depends on who will be responsible for future updates.

If you are creating help for a web application, you'll more than likely be outputting WebHelp format. This is a collection of files which can be placed on a website, server or network drive. Once there, you can call it from the application via a number of methods. These are covered here.

As for estimates of effort, how long is a piece of string. It is impossible to say without more of an idea of the content, size and functionality required in the end product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2010 Apr 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

In addition to what others have said, I'd be double-checking the training. Where are you attending training where RoboHelp for Word is offered? All the training I'm aware of is for RoboHelp HTML.

I think what Colum stated applies to RoboHelp HTML with the linking. I'm not certain RoboHelp for Word works in this manner, as Word is the editing environment.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp