Expand my Community achievements bar.

Subfolder in the Workspace ES?

Former Community Member

Hello,

I would like to ask if it is possible to customize the Workspace so I can create a sub-folder in the Start Process tab e.g. Divisions\IT, Divisions\HR, Divisions\MNT, etc? Can any one please advise.

Thanks,

Han Dao

11 Replies

Former Community Member

Regarding to my previous question, I meant a sub-category under Category Management in the AdminUI.

Thanks,

Han Dao

Level 10

It's possible if you customize the Workspace.

You will probably need some kind of a table in a database to have a relationship between you categories and the ones created by LiveCycle.

Your customized Workpace can create the category structure based on that instead.

Just a though.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Hi Jasmin,

Can you explain a little more details on how to create the category structure based on database relationshipt. I could not find any thing that guide to do that in the "Customizing the LC Workspace ES UI". Is there a documentation for this type of customization? Or could you please point me to area where I can start to look at it.

Thanks much in advance,

Han Dao

Former Community Member

Hi Jasmin,

I see that there is a table "TB_SC_CATEGORY" that contains all categories that I have created in the AdminUI. Can you please guide me to the next step of creating a new table with relationship to it and customize workspace.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Han Dao

Level 10

I hope this is not as so easy to do. Because you not only need to customize your workspace UI as it is also depends on the process endpoints configurations.

Let's walk through the way it works:

When you create a workspace endpoint, the endpoint will be mapped to a mentioned category.

The workspace flex application retrieves all the active endpoints with their configurations.

Renders the process cards for each category.

So if you plan to create sub-table and sub categories, how will you map your endpoints to the sub-categories?

I think you could still do that but there might be some hard-coded values required within your custom workspace UI code.

However, I am very keen to know the result of your effort.

Please share with me once you accomplished something.

Nith

Level 10

Han,

There is no documentation on that subject since it's a custom solution.

I just explained how I would approach it.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Thanks for all the replies. It looks more complicated than I though.

But I have another question, Is it possible to re-name the Category? e.g. a developer created a category but later found that he has mis-spelled the name of the category, can he re-name it without removing it since remove the category requires that all end points must be in-active or the category must be empty? Please advise.

Thanks,

Han Dao

Level 10

Again, it's easier said than done.

I think the only way would be to modify it in the database. But again that's no a supported way of doing it.

Jasmin

Level 10

Yes you can! I'm not sure that we have an API to do that; however changing the database value directly is the quick solution.

tb_sc_category contains all the categories.

Id columns holds the display name in the workspace. - Changing this value will reflect in workspace.

oid is the unique identifier column name. Never try to change this.

Nith

Level 2

I'm in the process of doing something similar, but in the "To Do" panel.

Maybe it is easier in the "To Do" than in the "Start Process" because I've to use some values that are stored in a process variable or retrieved from the process itself (ie, for example, the group to which the process creator belongs) and not in the category (or maybe I can use the category itself to group the tasks).

If I have any findings, I will share with you.

Bye,

Alessio

Level 2

You could customize Workspace to treat a chosen character as a delimiter and build a hierarchy from that, i.e. in your example the slash is the delimiter.