2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2010 6:11 PM by tezbo RSS

Korporate Kuler

tezbo

What I'd really like to see is a corporate account for Kuler. I work at an advertising company. We deal with a lot of regular clients and I would like to base colour swatches on their logos. It would be nice for me and my staff to all be able to access one account in case we are working from the road.

Has anyone had any experience in a similar setup? Is there an easy way to share an account? Is it a good idea?

• 1. Re: Korporate Kuler
          Sami@Adobe Adobe Employee

Hi, thanks for writing. This is an interesting use case. Do you access Kuler only from the website, or do you also use the Kuler panel in CS4 apps (Illustrator, PS, InDesign, Flash, Fireworks)?Are there other assets besides swatches that you'd like to have access to while on the road?

Kuler Team

• 2. Re: Korporate Kuler
            tezbo Community Member

Dear Sami,

Thanks for the reply.  I've been sending novelty crash reports for a number of years and no-one has ever gotten back to me

about why making coffee causes Indesign to crash.

Re: Kuler - I use Kuler mostly from the website. I find the Kuler panel a little underpowered for my use.  If you want to

improve that, allow the ability to load in a pic and get colour swatches from there.

I use Kuler mostly for Indesign.  In PS I can sample colours myself. With Indesign, I work mostly in CMYK, and if I load a RGB

pic in and sample the colour, it almost always gets the conversion incorrect.  Therefore, to sample colours I have to load

them into another app.  If it is just one colour, I'd use photoshop, but if I'm developing a resource, then Kuler is the better

option.

Also, if you have any sway with the Indesign development team, could you please ask them to incorporate auto guides. 

These would not be smart guides, but the ability to create guides based on an objects handles, either Outside, Inside or All.

Theat would save SO much time for grid layouts.

I'll have a think about other features I'd like to see in Kuler and get back to you.

Sincerely,

Terence Boylen.

On Tue Apr  6  0:10 , 'Sami@Adobe' <forums@adobe.com> sent:

>Hi, thanks for writing. This is an interesting use case. Do you access Kuler only from the website, or do you also use the

Kuler panel in CS4 apps (Illustrator, PS, InDesign, Flash, Fireworks)?Are there other assets besides swatches that you'd like to

have access to while on the road?

>

>Kuler Team

>

>

>