• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 IE8 Blank Page

Feb 11, 2010 Feb 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I have the same issue with IE8 and TCS 1.0 (ie Robohelp 7) the first time the help is called all is fine.

[Poster is referring to thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/574820 but issue is not the same as it relates to different versions of both RH and the browser. In RH8 it was a known bug. For RH7 the cause remains to be identified.]

If you don't close the help window and call the help again I get the blank page the third time, I get an error message as described in the thread.

Any suggestions?

We tried to use the file you posted and it doesn't work.

I would appreciate any ideas.

Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you will have to point your developers to my Calling Help pages, in particular the one on Calling WebHelp Using URL's. The bug was with RH8.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, I wrote about this same problem with RH7 & IE8 about two months ago. Our developers use map ids to call the help. We still have this problem. The help pages display correctly with IE 6 & IE 7 - we only have the problem with IE 8. I opened a support case online with Adobe, and I'm still trying to get an answer from them after two months. (They requested additional information yesterday, and I will send them more information.)  Anyway, I'm posting again because I wanted Laura to know that she's not the only one who has encountered this problem using RH7 & IE8, and I wondered if her developers use map ids too.

Thanks,

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have branched this into a new thread as it is a different problem.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any suggestions as this is not something I can test. Sorry.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand and am always appreciative of your helpfulness on this forum. If anyone else is having this problem, I hope they will report to Adobe.

Thanks,

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 14, 2010 Feb 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Julie, it is so nice to know you're not alone.  We DO use Map IDs for the help....

How do I open a case w/Adobe?

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2010 Feb 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura,

If you have a support contract, you can call the Adobe tech support phone number. If you do not have a support contract, you can open a case online (log into your account and look for Support Portal and submit your problem.) I would call tech support first if you are not sure about the contract. They should be able to give you more information about opening a case.

Thanks,

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Disneeprincess,

May you please mention the case number that you have opened with Adobe Technical Support, so that i can look into it directly.

Thanks and regards,

Piyush Bhatnagar

Adobe Technical Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My case number is 0181300564. It is under my co-worker's email address, but I am the one working on the project right now. If you have any other questions or need more information, just let me know.

Thanks for looking into this problem,

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2010 Feb 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi disneeprincess,

Thanks for the case number. I am working on this and will try to reproduce this at my end. I will have this case escalated to me and will be your direct point of contact from now onwards.

Thanks and regards

Piyush Bhatnagar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2010 Feb 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also opened a case #0181441598.  I attached a screen shot so you can see what is happening.

Laura Novich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2010 Feb 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the case number. I have taken your case at my level and will be working on this. Right now I am researching on this issue and will update you with my progress via the case notes.

Thanks and regards,

Piyush Bhatnagar

Technical Response Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2010 Feb 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking interest in this issue as well.  Do you have a status report????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2010 Mar 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julie,

Got a reply from Adobe and the case has been escalated, it's a bug!

Awaitng a reply from them for a tele. conf.

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2010 Mar 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura,

I received the same message this week that it is a bug. Let me know if you hear anything about a fix.

Thanks!

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2010 Apr 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? I have the same issue. Is the answer to upgrade to RH8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an answer but I believe the problem is being investigated.

If you do decide to upgrade, check the trial version fixes your problem first, and not on your production machine.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I heard from Piyush Bhatnagar that there was still no reply from the engineering team, and it may still be awhile before we heard from them. Anyway, you may want to report this to Adobe so they understand that more people are running into the problem.

Thanks,

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2010 Apr 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right now it is with the engineers at Adobe. It is not clear when a solution will be available. If anyone can suggest a workaround I am open to ideas as this bug has made the online help on our UI not working the way it should.

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp