• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I run RoboHelp 7 (TCS1) on Windows 7?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2010 Apr 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe OS compatibility chart does not indicate product versions, and Techncial Communication Suite is not listed as an entity.

http://www.adobe.com/support/OScompatibility.html

Does anyone know if TCS1 will run properly on Windows 7?

What about TCS2?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 7 is not supported on Windows 7 whereas RoboHelp 8 is. That does not mean RH7 will not run on Windows 7, just that Technical Support will not assist.

I don't know about the other products.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I"m struggling with this at the moment. I recently upgraded to a PC with Windows 7 64 bit. RoboHelp 7 doesn't seem to want to work for me so far.

I'm seeing the following message upon attempting to lauch:

---------------------------
RoboHtml.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point ?MakeLowerWin32@RHUtils@@YAPB_WAAV?$CStringT@_WV?$StrTraitMFC_DLL@_WV?$ChTraitsCRT@_W@ATL@@@@@ATL@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library RHUtils.dll.
OK  

Should I make any discoveries, I'll be more than happy to pass them along.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer for TCS2 can be found at http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2009/12/fm9_and_tcs2_are_supported_on_windows7.html but that does not mention 32/64 bit.

For TCS1 I believe, as in my first post, that these are not supported. Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure I have seen posts here that people have got RH7 running but maybe that was on the 32 bit version.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that it is believed that TCS2 will run on 64 bit Windows 7 but that it is not officially supported so any issues would have to be dealt with here. That said, there have been issues reported with RoboSource Control on the 64 bit platform.

At the moment I cannot help on TCS1.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2010 Apr 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I've not installed TCS1 but have installed RoboHelp 7 and now seem to be operational with it. In order to make it work I took the following steps.

Downloaded and installed Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode from Microsoft.

Click here to visit the download page

Note that this will only work if you are using Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate. Microsoft doesn't provide a download for Home Premium.

This allows you to run a Windows XP session from inside Windows 7. From there I was able to open the XP session and install RoboHelp 7 and I am now in business.

Hopefully this will help someone out there!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've successfully run RH8 in a Windows7 32-bit VM. I did a fair amount of experimentation with the 64-bit versions of both XP and Windows 7 and my (completely untutored) opinion is that RoboHelp tries to use the wrong version of .NET Framework 2.0 when installed on a 64-bit platform. So you can see your RSC instance but can't connect. I've no proof, just conjecture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Just curious, as I am going to have to migrate to Windows 7. Simply right clicking on the executable and choosing to launch as a prior version did not work? I have Windows 7 on my home PC, and that seemed to work for most applications. Too bad if it doesn't for Robo 7

Thanks much,

Anahid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp