• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview buttons works, but Publish button does nothing

Mar 31, 2010 Mar 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I converted a file originally created in Macromedia Captivate (version available in 2004) to Adobe Captivate 4.

The CP file contains 26 slides, and the final video size is 12.76 MB.

I am able to click Preview and see the resulting video without any problems (this is how I determined the video size).

However, when I click Publish in the application's top menu bar, select Flash (SWF) in the top-left corner of the dialog box then click the Publish button, I see the project directory path at the bottom of the screen, but nothing else happens.

Some other background:

I read on a forum somewhere that if I (a) convert the file to Captivate 4 then (b) save the converted file with ".obv" in the filename, the problem would be solved. It seemed to have worked for three of the converted files, but it did not solve the problem for this one file. The only real difference I can detect is the video size - three files that published OK were 1.6 MB, 5.3 MB and 6.3 MB. I can only guess that the discrepancy in filesize might be the culprit.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you may be able to provide!

Ruth

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2010 Apr 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried something that worked:

1) Converted files to Captivate 4.

2) Highlighted the slides and do CTRL+C.

3) Close the CP and create a new CP in a blank template.

4) Do a CTRL+P to paste the files from the clipboard to the new CP.

When you click Publish, the files should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2010 Apr 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks tempura&greentea you just saved me some time.  I had tried importing my old project into a new one of the same size and it didn't work.  I was just about to try again using smaller increments when I came across this post.  Funny how cut and paste can fix so many errors.

-John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources