Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAPTIVATE 5 IN CS5???

Engaged ,
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All-

Adobe notified me yesterday that the CS5 Product Suite will be released on 4/12/2010, just a few weeks away!

Does anyone have any details as to whether or not Captivate 5 will be included in this release? Specifically, Captivate for Mac? That would be like Christmas all over again!

There's a link on my site if you want to view the Adobe Pre Launch page, many cool videos and features....

http://www.cfsnap.com

Thanks,

Rich

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If you followed RJ Jacquez on Twitter you would have seen one of his tweets today, quoting 'To clarify, the Adobe Creative Suite 5 news yesterday has nothing to do with #Captivate or #eLearningSuite, they are completely separate.'

Sorry if this is disappointing you,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... yeah.... I knew it was a long shot, especially since I'm beta testing Captivate 5 for the Mac, which is making nice progress but has a ways to go. I was just hoping....

Thanks for the clarification,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2010 Apr 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you own the eLearning Suite and new versions of DW and Flash area announcec--

we will be stuck with the old versions and no path to upgrade until Captivate 5 shows up.

How nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was really hoping with annoucment of Creative Suite CS5 that there would have been something out there on Captivate. I love Captivate but it has a lot of bugs and content editing tools that need to be fixed, ex not being able to change settings of the review area, design templates... won't even start on that. As a designer I want total control of how all the content in my training looks, text formating, kerning, leading, and more...

I might have to look into beta testing to get more of the info I am looking for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Captivate has an independent development cycle and isn't tied to the Creative Suite. Captivate 5 is in development and will be available before too long. It has been re-written from the ground up and will be the first version to run on a Mac.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, Xeon64

Following up on what Rick said. Adobe eLearning Suite evangelist RJ Jacquez has a great Adobe TV post where he teases us about, "Another reason why I'm personally excited about today's CS5 launch is  because eventually many of these amazing applications will be part of Adobe Technical Communication Suite and Adobe  eLearning Suite."

And, since the beta for Adobe Captivate 5 for Macintosh was announced months ago, it seems like one can logically assume we won't have too long to wait for Captivate 5  . Here's a link to RJ's blog:

http://blogs.adobe.com/rjacquez/2010/04/say_hello_to_adobe_cs5.html

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Evergreen, Colorado
http://www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the responses. Very helpful. I too can see a lot of the new CS5 features being very beneficial to the elearning suite. Like Flash Catalyst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you find things like that where you feel they would benefit by being part of the eLearning Suite, you need to convey that to Adobe. You do this via the Wish Form.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Just to support the suggestion of Rick. I totally  agree with you that it would be great to see Flash Catalyst included in the eLearning suite. It is a much easier way to create design elements than to do it in Flash it self. So, please, file a feature request as Rick suggested.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources