• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording two sync applications with CP4

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2010 Apr 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to record two Windows applications (two executables) which interact each other : for example, from the application #1 I select a vehicule in a list and in the application #2 this vehicule is located on a map layer. One application is running on monitor 1 and the other is running on monitor 2 (dual monitors). I'd like to record a slide from the application #1 and then a slide of the result on the application #2. I can't manage to do it :

- If I run one instance of Captivate 4, I can only choose one application

- If I run two instances of Captivate 4 and if I choose application #1 for the first instance and application #2 for the second one, it doesn't work : when I run the second recording (click on the red point), nothing is recorded ...

A workaround would be to record the slides for application #1 in project #1 and then for application #2 in project #2, and then copying (to the right location) the slides of project #2 inside the project #1 but I think is not a "stylish" method ...

Thanks in advance for your advices !

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2010 Apr 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I might think you could accomplish this as follows:

Start the applications and start Captivate. Record the first application up to the point where it interacts with the second. Then end the recording in Captivate. In Captivate, elect to record more slides (which will be appended to the existing recording) then choose the second application to be recorded.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume that using panning would not solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources