• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't Adobe Reader open?

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2010 Apr 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open Adobe Reader it says "An Internal Error Occurred" Then it "quits" and says "Adobe Reader Quit Unexpectedly". If you select "Reopen" it repeats the "Quit" sequence all over again.

I removed all (5, 8, & 9) Adobe Readers from my computer and downloaded a new copy of Adobe Reader v9 and still get the same message.

I have documents to open and need advice on what I should do. I have a MacBook Pro

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 07, 2010 Apr 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure the solution you're looking for is here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404082.html

If that isn't correct, then you need to dump all of the Adobe Reader and Acrobat folders from

HD\Library\Application Support\Adobe

HD\Library\Preferences

Home\Library\Preferences

Also dump:

• com.adobe.acrobat.pdfviewer.plist,
  • com.adobe.PDFAdminSettings.plist,
  • com.adobe.Reader_x86_9.0.plist,
  • com.adobe.Reader.plist, and
  • com.adobe.acrobat.90.sh.plist

wherever you find them in the HD\Library\Preferences or User\Library\Preferences folders.

Once you've done that, empty the trash, and install Reader 9.3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for great advice. I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly. I have Adobe Reader v9 open and working.

Thanks again

Donald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My adobe reader does not start (not when I am trying to open a pdf file nor when I just try to open AcroRd32.exe)

I got a strange update this morning and then it stopped working. I could not remove this update using add/remove programs in windows (I am using windows XP). So I removed adobe reader in reinstalled it via the adobe website. But still it does not work. I do not even get an error, just nothing happens when i try to open reader.

(When i removed adobe reader the strange update part also disappeared in add/remove programs, so I assumed it was gone too)

Is there anything I can do to make it work again?

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstall it, and run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove the Adobe Reader 9 installer files.

Then redownload and reinstall Reader 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines