Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 8 index does not scroll

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning

We have just install RoboHelp HTML 8 client and Server upgrading from RoboHelp HTML 7 and RoboEngine 4.0.

Everything is working fine except the index on the web site that we publish to. When we enter a character, the index list does not scroll.

When I look at the Wephelp Pro output locally it scrolls so the index works correctly. The index worked before we upgraded.

When we had Robohelp 5 and we had this problem the IT person would do something with the Natural langauge file and the problem would be resolved.

I thing RoboHelp 8 does not use a Natural Language file. 

What can I do to resolve this problem?

Below is what our system is made of:

RoboHelp HTML V8.0

Robo Source Control 3.1

RoboHelp Server V8.0

WebHelp Pro 5.50 (7.00.145)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does script whidata.js control how the index button on RH 8 HTML load the index?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2010 Apr 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, afaik whidata.js controls the data in the index.

The index is build by whibody.htm, whidhtml.htm, whiform.htm and whihost.js. Also, the index uses some scripts from utils.js and whhost.js.

Whibody.htm displays the actual index entries.

Has anything been changed on the server after upgrading?

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking at the files you listed now.

I now understand the connections but 

I am not a java programmer so I still can not figure out the

problem. 

My best guess is that the cagent is null because the highlight message is what I am getting and nothing happens.

</style><script src="/robohelp/robo//server/resource/mr_ndx_agt.js" language="Javascript">function doNothing1() {}</script><script src="/robohelp/robo/server/PAID_DOCS/projects/PAID/whlang.js" language="javascript">function doNothing2() {}</script><script src="/robohelp/robo/server/PAID_DOCS/projects/PAID/whmsg.js" language="Javascript">function doNothing3() {}</script><script src="/robohelp/robo/server/PAID_DOCS/projects/PAID/whproxy.js" language="Javascript">function doNothing4() {}</script><script language="javascript">
  function fnInitData()
  {
    var cAgent = new CAgent;
    if( cAgent != null )
    {
      cAgent.m_strURLPickup = "/robohelp/server?area%3Dpaid_docs%26wnd%3DPAID%7CPAID%26tpc%3D%2Frobohelp%2Frobo%2Fserver%2FPAID_DOCS%2Fprojects%2FPAID%2FDepartment_Of_Veterans_Affairs.htm%3FRINoLog28301%3DT%26ctxid%3D%26project%3Dpaid%26mgr%3Dagm%26js%3D1%26agt%3Dndx&type=pickup";
      cAgent.m_strURLRequest = "/robohelp/server?area%3Dpaid_docs%26wnd%3DPAID%7CPAID%26tpc%3D%2Frobohelp%2Frobo%2Fserver%2FPAID_DOCS%2Fprojects%2FPAID%2FDepartment_Of_Veterans_Affairs.htm%3FRINoLog28301%3DT%26ctxid%3D%26project%3Dpaid%26mgr%3Dagm%26js%3D1%26agt%3Dndx&type=chunk";
      cAgent.m_nCountRequest = 64;
      cAgent.m_nCountTotal = 422;
      cAgent.m_strFrameRight = "bsscright";
     cAgent.m_strIndexLoading = "Loading Index...";
      window.m_cAgent = cAgent;

cAgent.Init();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System attribute

RoboHelp HTML V8.02

Robo Source Control 3.1

RoboHelp Server V8.0

WebHelp Pro 5.50 (7.00.145

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, the index scrolling works fine on my local

but does not work on the intranet server where users

have access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

There may be a problem with the settings of your server. First, try adding the help system to your trusted sites. If that doesn't work, check with IT to see if the server supports ajax-calls. The following thread might be related: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2708248#2708248

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp