Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

renderFormGuide and Apply Usage Rights components

Level 3

Hi,

I am trying to render a form guide. I already have a workflow in place, but that was for the pdf alone. Now, I want to incorporate the form guide as well in the form and hence the renderformguide component needs to be added to the flow. I tried replacing the renerForm component with the renderFormGuide component, however, as I have a ApplyUsageRights component after that to reader extend the pdf, this throws an error saying invalid file. I even tried using the renderFormGuide component after the ApplyUsageRights component, such that that now the input to the renderFormGuide component is as a pdf instead of an xdp. However, this also doesn't work. Can you please sort a way out of this?

Another problem that I face is that when I use the first scenario and remove the ApplyUsageRights all together, the form is rendered and I get the output, but I am only able to view the guide layout and none of the fields appear in the form.

I am trying to make it work since last week ans raised a support request as well, but haven't received a single response as yet. Pointers of any sort would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nakul

7 Replies

Employee

Hi,

First of all, a Guide is not a PDF, so you cannot apply RE rights to Guide.

Guide lets you do the data capture using a RIA kind of approach, whereas PDF Forms have paper fidelity. These are two different use cases.

If you need to use Guide for data capture, but once that has been done, you want to finally have a PDF statement of record, then maybe the below outline could be of some help:

What you need to do is to render Guide, get the data submitted by the user and pass that data and the XDP (with which you created the Guide) to Form or Output to produce a PDF document and then apply RE to that PDF.

Level 3

Hi Suvrat,

Thanks for your response.

I was able to progress little bit more from the time I raised my query. Currently, I am able to render the form guide. The obly problem that I now have is that I am unable to make a webservice call from the form guide. I have a field, on the exit even of which, I am making an LDAP call. This LDAP call populates some other fields in the form. It works fine in the PDF, but the webseervice call on the exit even does not happen when I exit the corresponding field in the form guide. I m stuck on this for almost a month now and I don't see any incorrectness in the way I am trying to achieve this. Any troubleshooting tips will be highly appreciated.

Level 10

What version of LiveCycle are you using?

Jasmin

Former Community Member

In 8.2.1 web service calls in Guide can only be done server side. Have you set up your web service call to work server side?

Paul

Level 3

Yes Paul.

I am invoking the service at the exit even of a field. In the "invokeBtn", under the execute tab, the Execution Options is set to "Run At: Server".

Former Community Member

Are you sure that the exit event is firing on the server. Put a field on the form and have your script put a value in that field to see if the field gets populated. If it does not then the code is not running on the server. Are you getting any messages in the log file on the server? Have you set up the invokeBtn to fire server side as well?

Can you post the form so I can see how you set it up?

Paul