• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help changing the default format of a pasted image. It keeps pasting as .gif degrading it

Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Robohelp 8, and in 7 I used to be able to paste an image stored in the clipboard directly in a topic while keeping the format in which it was captured, say, if it was a .jpeg copy capture, then it would paste as such.  I didn't have to save the capture into a file and then insert it, and then look for it, etc. it just took/takes too long.  It's got to be a default setting somewhere where I could choose a default paste format other than .gif.  I have looked everywhere and can't find any info on this.  Please tell me that this is possible.

I don't care in which directory it goes, etc...just want to paste what was copied.. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reasons I cannot fathom, I can paste an image from Word 2003 but not from Word 2007. Any similarity with your issue?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, glass of wine too many with dinner. Your problem is with the format, not the ability to paste.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right.. it keeps pasting as .gif even though the image is not of that format... I am hoping it is a matter of changing some default setting withing Robohelp 8 so instead of pasting as a gif it pastes as whatever else I want.. I am certain the format of the image i am pasting is not a .gif. Yet, it pastes in as .gif..

Can u try it and see if it does the same for you?   I have been using Gadwin printscreen to capture images for years now. I have a win 7 machine.

By the way, i can paste an image that was in a Word 07 doc but it pastes as .gif even though it is not a .gif..  It is not recommended that you have office suites installed at the same time in the same machine. It causes random and weird things to happen.   I no longer have Word 03

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp