Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issue when tyring to load SWF Module inside a Flex Tile(mc:Tile)

Former Community Member

Hi,

When i try to load an existing SWF Module inside a Flex Tile using ModuleLoader/ModuleManager (mc:Tile) and trying to run the application using mosaic, I am getting the following error:

VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of FlexModuleFactory in mx.core.FlexModuleFactory.

at global$init()

However, when i add the TileSDK.swc to the flex project and build the swf and load this swf inside  inside a Flex Tile, the application works fine in mosaic.

But, i having a SWF provided by a third party for which i not having the source code and i want to load this inside a Flex Tile, but i am geeting the above error. Can u explain why this is happening and any workaround?

I also made the following observations:

Type   of SWF to be loaded inside a Tile

With/Without   SDK

Pass/Fail

mx:Application

WITHOUT

Fail

mx:Application

WITH

Fail

mx:Module

Without

Fail

Mx:Module

With

Pass

Mc:ModuleTile

with

Pass

Mc:Tile

with

Fail

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam Sundar.A

ashok.shyamsundar@gmail.com

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Hello,

a Module Tile (.swc) needs to be compiled with the same version of the Flex SDK like the Mosaic framework. The current version Mosaic 9.0 is compiled with Flex SDK 3.4. Do you know if the SWF Module was compiled with SDK 3.4? Application tiles (.swf) can be compiled with different version of the Flex SDK (3.3 and 3.4).

We recommend to use Application tiles whenever possible and use Module tiles only as an exception (since Module tiles need to compiled with a specific version of the SDK).

Hope that helps,

Matthias Zeller