Expand my Community achievements bar.

Getting response -1 error while connecting to SMTP(EMail) server.(Urgent)

Former Community Member

Sub  ::  Getting error while  invoking EMail  activity.

Hi  ,

From last 2 months my application  was working  fine and able to send mails.After moving into diffrent segment(Genarating new  IP address),suddenly my application is not able to send mails.. Here my  server IP address has been changed. From new IP address I am able to do telnet to the SMTP server on 25 port. That means SMTP connection is opened for My server. For your information  I did not do any changes in my applcation regarding SMTP details and i have same settings at adminui that were before movement segment.

The error  ::

com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.ConnectionFailedException: Failed to connect to email server:
10.238.52.70. Reason: Could not connect to SMTP host: XX.X.X.X port: 25, response: -1
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.EmailServiceImpl.sendMessage(EmailServiceImpl.java:473)

Please do help in fixing this issue.  This issue  need to be fixed very urgnetly.

Thanks

Praveen

2 Replies

Level 10

Well, the error is pretty self explanatory. It cannot contact that mail server at 10.238.52.70. Can you ping that address from the LiveCycle server?

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Hi Jasmine,

I do understand the problem but could not able to fix  the issue and able to telnet to SMTP server from Adobe LC ES2.

Right now  the issue has been chnaged.  IT IS people did some settings  for connection settiings.

Thanks

Praveen.