• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4, screen size of captured item

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2009 Sep 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried to capture a system screen and while it looks all fine when I do the recording, as soon as I preview it I can see that it only captured part of the screen and cuts the top and some of the right hand side of the screen.

I tried all capturing options: Application/Application Window; ScreenArea/Custom size or full screen. The red border looks correct when I capture but then when I preview it I can see that it cuts/crops content. Please note that I cannot change the captured system's screensize, there is only the standard size possible.

I'm working on Captivate 4.

I'm looking forward to some help on this issue.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2009 Sep 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get ready to record, do you have the snap to screen box checked?  If so uncheck it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for that but where would I find that box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm guessing that they were referring to Captivate 3. I don't believe Captivate 4 offers that option.

The image below was captured from Captivate 3.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry, I'm working on Captivate 4 and don't find a 'snap to fit' button. Can anyone else help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Things changed a bit in Captivate 4. If you need an application to snap to fit within a specific area, you need to begin by selecting File > New > Project. Then click the Record tab and choose Application.

Choose your application then you get options for configuring the size and area.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you check if you did not have the 'panning' option on in CP4?

If you choose Application you have the equivalent of the Fit to snap of CP3 as you can see in this image, when choosing Custom Size the application will resize to the Custom Size:

Capture.png

If you choose Screen Area you can resize the Recording rectangle yourself.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

If you had no other information other than that the organization used 14.1 laptops, what would be the safest size selection for Captivate 4 projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2010 Apr 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Tough call, that one. It's a bit like saying "I've got no other information than to know they use Chevrolet pickups". Do you have info such as the Operating System? Most of the modern operating systems today seem to install with a default screen resolution of at least 1024x768. Because of that, many Captivate authors opt for 800x600 as the project resolution.

1024x768 is 1024x768 regardless of screen size. It just appears to be larger when viewed on a 15 inch monitor or laptop as opposed to a 14 inch. Perhaps it will help to acknowledge the way televisions work. You see the same picture either way. It's just that on a larger TV, it looks larger. So it really doesn't matter if you are watching a handheld or wristwatch TV or a 60 inch plasma. You get the same picture either way.

Hopefully this was helpful... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click the record at the top menu the record additional slides comes up.  At the bottom where you select your application the snap to window is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your responses but unfortunately they didn't help. The snap to window was already unticked and when I ticked it I got the same result. Let me show you what I mean in the attachment, please note that I took MS Word as being the 'system' instead of the system screenshot for the illustration because the system screen is confidential. But it looks exactly like this. And please note I can't change the size of my system screen, it's always over my full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no attachment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Instead of using the Attach function, please use the Camera icon that appears just above where you type your post. This inserts the image directly inline and avoids the hassles associated with attachments.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources