Exit

Imported swf is published, but "details" are missing

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Now a guestion from

me, as a Swedish user of Captivate.   I have bought the following flash intro and use it in my Captivate project, but when I publish, all the "bubbling" squares are gone. What could be the reason? I can see them in preview.

http://www.buystockflash.com/all_files/preview/BigStockFlash-636/index.html

Yours Sincerely

Hans-Erik Spjuth

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tjena Hans-Erik,

The attached swf file is that your published Captivate SWF with the animation inserted?

When you insert the animation into Captivate are you getting a warning about "This file contains references to _root...."? If so, then I think it is because the intro animation contains a function that created those squares at the _root level, but since you import this into Captivate then Captivate will be the _root and the squares will not appear.

/Michael

Visit my Captivate blog with tips & tricks, tutorials and Widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 19, 2010 Mar 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Hans-Erik

I think what cpguru told you is probably correct. I just had a similar issue with an imported swf referencing root, which completely broke my Captivate project. One fix for this is (if you have Flash) to create a Flash "wrapper" for the animated swf, and then tell that animated swf to keep the _root reference to itself rather than the Captivate root.

If you have Flash, open a new project and make sure it's the same pixel size as your intro_preview.swf. Then use this code (this is ActionScript 2.0):

this.createEmptyMovieClip("intro_container", this.getNextHighestDepth());
intro_container.loadMovie("intro_preview.swf");
intro_container._lockroot = true;

The _lockroot = true is the soup bone line of code. By telling the loaded swf to lockroot, then any calls it makes to _root will be localised to that swf and not the containing swf. Let me know if that makes sense, or if you don't have Flash you can provide the swf to me and I'll go ahead and put it together for you 🙂

Best,

Danny Houk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2010 Mar 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danny-

Do you have theserules for AS3?

Thanks,

Rita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 09, 2010 Apr 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rita, I'm sorry but I don't have the AS3 rules. I did a quick check in the AS3 library and read that _lockroot had been deprecated, but I'm not sure if there's a new or equivalent syntax to carry out the same function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources