• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

outline view, cannot get out of it...

Enthusiast ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i`m stuck in outline view, the view menu has outline, pixel preview and overprint preview, they are the only options, CS4, did there used to be a "preview" option, I have tried shutting the file and reopening it, but same problem when I open it again. I have no guides in my project and nothing is locked..

** an aside, where can I suggest to the forum builders the adding of another video site for uploading video sample, they have youtube and vimeo as an option among others, I would like to use screencast.com as it works with jing capture very easily and quickly. h.264 mpeg 4 files.

oultineview_stuck.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Apr 09, 2010 Apr 09, 2010

Individual layers can be put in and take out of outline (keyline) mode by command clicking on their eyeball in the layers panel.  That may be what you're looking at, since your image isn't showing in outline mode...

As far as the forum suggestion goes, you can try at the forum forum (http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments) but they've been less than responsive to any suggestions lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Outline/Preview is a toggle. Click on one to change to the other or use Cmd(Ctrl)-Y to toggle back and forth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This works :hundred_points: Ctrl + Y 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2010 Apr 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paintwizard,

Is this what you are after?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2394145#2394145

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Individual layers can be put in and take out of outline (keyline) mode by command clicking on their eyeball in the layers panel.  That may be what you're looking at, since your image isn't showing in outline mode...

As far as the forum suggestion goes, you can try at the forum forum (http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments) but they've been less than responsive to any suggestions lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKYOU!!!!

that is BRILLIANT.

I spent hours trying to figure this one out, I saw that the eyeballs were in outlines, I hadnt seen that before, thought it was because they were on sublayers, never knew you could ctrl/cmd click the eyeball to get just those paths in outline, great option very glad for the help thankyou, I was going to screen capture the whole thing and send it to adobe bugs, haha. thank god for this forum and adobe making it so much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines