• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! I'm desperate, imported PPT's are giving me nightmares on export!

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2010 Apr 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings fellow Captivators, it's my first post here. I hate to jump right in and beg for help, but I'm really beside myself here, and am losing ground/time on a major project due to this bug/error/mistake.

First let me explain the project to you:

1. I start by importing a 2007 PPT file, with only simple timings (EX: wait 10 seconds, show bullet, wait 10 seconds, show bullet, etc...) NOTHING FANCY.

2. Then, we had our content expert narrate all of these slides.

3. Inserted throughout the project are FLV's that play on their own slides, no problems here.

When I go to export, things work fine, everything exports and I can load the whole project up onto our FTP server (eventually it will live in a Moodle install...)

BUT

Many of the narrated slides have strange behavior on the LAST TIMING of the slide, the are erratic, they don't always finish their animation, or they pause, and you have to hit play to move the last animation the final few pixels...

This causes horrible UI problems, the narration is still playing in the background, but the bullet get stuck, and the user has no idea what to do, when they narration DOES finish, the slide doesn't advance because its "stuck", they then have to push a combination of play and next to advance the slide, total disaster.

The problem is inconsistant, and happens slightly different each time, but it's serious issue and my client is obviously frustrated as well.

Does anyone have experience with problematic timing on timed elements on imported slides?

Is the slide trying to pause until the narratation is finished?

Are there specific export settings that could be causing this?

You can see the problem here:

http://greatseminarsonline.com/falling/

On the FOURTH slide in, titled "Prep For Visit" the last bullet, titled "Explore" should 3 have sub-bullets that load....

Thanks in advance for all your help, when Captivate 5 comes out for the Mac, I look forward to being able to provide help and assistance back to the community (Apple nerd in the house...)

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2010 Apr 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you noticed if there is a pattern? For example, where things get "stuck", is it always a slide with an FLV?

I've seen it often happen where slides with FLVs get stuck and don't move on by themselves. Not sure of any workaround, but thought it worth mentioning.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2010 Apr 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem NEVER occurs on a slide with a FLV. And if I export the project WITHOUT narrations, this strange bullet timing/sticking/pausing problem does not seem to happen. If you take a look at the project URL, you can see what I'm talking about on the fourth slide.

Thank you so much for any input you can offer, I can also supply raw project files if needed as well.

Best,

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2010 Apr 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Stephen

Just had a look at the project on the URL you provided. For me it already stops after the first slide (played the FLV all right). I got an error message (trying to explain, because not using an Englis OS) that something is wrong with the sound file. Got this message when I tried to use the playbar to go to the second slide, nothing was happening at that moment.

How did you create the audio (not the ones in the FLV), was it in CP or did you import them.

Since I cannot get to the 4th slide, impossible to give an answer about the bullets.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources