• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with accent in CF Builder (encoding problem ?)

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2010 Apr 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

since we installed CF Builder final (1.0.0.271911), we have trouble with accent that all are replaced by little squares. It looks like an encoding problem, but we didn't change the encoding of our files, that were well displayed in the beta versions of CF Builder...

We program in french language, so we have a lot of accent or other special characters, especially in our code comments.

Is there a way to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance

Steph

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

Since the setting to change encoding for CFML content is global, it applies to all projects. So when you have a project which has UTF-8 encoded files make supre preference for CFML content type is also set to UTF-8, and when you work on project with files encoded as CP1252 make sure you change the setting to CP1252 for CFML content type.

Hope this solves your problem.

thanks,

Sandeep

Adobe ColdFusion dev team

Blog - http://sandeepp.org/blog/

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephane,

I've also installed  the coldfusion builder finale and I have the same problem, text like :

<label for="firstNameField">Pr�nom* :</label>

I've tried to change my encoding settings but it gets worse (I was initialy using utf-8).

I've also tried to create a new cfm file and to read it with textpad, and it's the same mess (and when I check the encoding properties, it says that it's in utf-8).

If someone has any idea, that would be great

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ColdFusion Builder now treats all cfml content as UTF-8 encoded by default. This can be changed through preferences to suit the encoding of the file being edited. Refer to my blogpost on how to make this change in CF Builder.

Also this forum post http://forums.adobe.com/thread/602751?tstart=30 has similar issue answered.

Try these steps and let us know whether they helped.

thanks,

Sandeep Paliwal

Blog: http://sandeepp.org/blog/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sandeep, it works for me !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

It works for most of my projects by turning default encoding to cp1252.

But I still have a problem with a particular project that is international. The default encoding is UTF-8, so I choosed this text file encoding for this project in its properties.

But I still have the problem...

Is there another place to configure the encoding for cf* files for a particular project ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Stephane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the setting to change encoding for CFML content is global, it applies to all projects. So when you have a project which has UTF-8 encoded files make supre preference for CFML content type is also set to UTF-8, and when you work on project with files encoded as CP1252 make sure you change the setting to CP1252 for CFML content type.

Hope this solves your problem.

thanks,

Sandeep

Blog - http://sandeepp.org/blog/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sandeep.

Yes it solves my problem.

Infact it's not really comfortable because I have to switch many times per day between the UTF-8 project and the cp2152 ones...

But it works and it's great !

Thanks again

Stephane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seriously how can Adobe expect us to go back to the preferences to change the default encoding of CF files every time we pass from one project that is in UTF-8 to one that isn't.

I work in a company and we have literally thousands of CF projects and we are migrating to UTF-8 but we still have a lot of projects that are still in CP1252.

You really need to either use the character encoding specified for the enclosing project or folder (like Eclipse does) or allow us to configure the Content Types default character encoding by project.

I hope to see this feature soon otherwise we will have to continue using CFEclipse or code our future projects in CP1252 instead of UTF-8 just to be able to still work with the old ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation