• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

e_act_too_many_activations

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2010 Mar 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to re-activate my account.  I have been told twice now that it would be 24 hours.  It has been two weeks and I still have nothing.

What does it take to make this happen?

My case number is 181490599.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2010 Mar 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem was that you went through our Phone Support.  Digital Editions support is only available through submiting Web support case (go to http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions and click on 'Submit a web case').  The best case for our Phone Support is that they will tell you that you need to open up a Web support case.  The worst case for our Phone Support is that they will try to be helpful (such as this case).

In the mean time I've fixed your immediate problem and you have 6 device activations left.  You should have also mentioned in your report that you were not having problems trying to activate Digital Editions, but were having problems activating your device.  If you continue to have problems you should open a Web support case with Adobe, or try to contact the device manufacturer to see why you are running through so many activations on a single device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I will try to get it happening this evening.

I did have a web case open and I received an e-mail to contact Adobe. I also contacted the device support line and they told me it was an adobe issue.

I will immediately contact Adobe through a web case in the future.

Thank you for assisting me, I appreciate your help.

Heather

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 09:36:12 -0600

To: odd.shoes@hotmail.com

Subject: e_act_too_many_activations

Your problem was that you went through our Phone Support. Digital Editions support is only available through submiting Web support case (go to http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions and click on 'Submit a web case'). The best case for our Phone Support is that they will tell you that you need to open up a Web support case. The worst case for our Phone Support is that they will try to be helpful (such as this case).

In the mean time I've fixed your immediate problem and you have 6 device activations left. You should have also mentioned in your report that you were not having problems trying to activate Digital Editions, but were having problems activating your device. If you continue to have problems you should open a Web support case with Adobe, or try to contact the device manufacturer to see why you are running through so many activations on a single device.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim,

It was fixed but I am still having issues.  Adobe has said they reset the activations but it still does not authorize my reader and does not ask to authorize my reader.  I am trying to work with Aluratek but I need to authorize the unit in order for the problem to be fixed.

Could you please re-authorize my digital editions again.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Heather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You currently have 4 device activations left, so you don't need a reset.  As I said before the reseting of the activation, only fixes the E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS error, and does not fix the underlying problems you were having.  I would continue to work with Alurtek support to resolve that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I have been working with the phone support who claim they have reset my account but the same error keeps coming up.   Even though I have the latest firmware the Adobe support has indicated that I need to update my firmware.  They have escalated and I now need to wait until Monday for another "escalation" to see if they will send me a patch.  This is getting really frustrating since I had been able to read books on my Libre and all of a sudden it could not open any EPub or Pdf books and cannot send any ebooks to my Libre.  Has anyone had a sastifactory resolution of this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed a web case or whatever they call it - and after 3 days they did

eventually reset my activation count

and I am rockin and a rollin' again

But I wasn't impressed with the customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue - Phone and Web support is lacking.  Contacted both Sony and Adobe on Saturday and again on Monday.... Could someone fix my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2010 Apr 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have given up on Adobe. I have taken back my unit and am going to purchase a KOBO unit. It is less expensive than them all has great features and does not rely on Adobe Digital Editions. There support is horrendous and I am tired of dealing with them.

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 21:17:16 -0600

To: odd.shoes@hotmail.com

Subject: e_act_too_many_activations

I am also having the same issue - Phone and Web support is lacking. Contacted both Sony and Adobe on Saturday and again on Monday.... Could someone fix my problem.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2010 Jul 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a Kobo and have not been able to use it (for the purpas I bought it for) for 3 days due to the lack of

responce from ADE support

this is tiring !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2010 Jul 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe what a pain this is.  All I need, I think, is to have my activations reset.  If I call, they have no clue and the chat help is also clueless.  I'm glad Digital Editions is free, if I paid a lot of money for this software and got this kind of service I would be looking elsewhere.

MA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh tell me about it !!!!!!

I spent over 45 mins on the phone with them and could do nothing after that

I spent over 90 mins in a web chat with some idiot who kept saying I can

solve your problem but offered no solutions

The website kept error-ing out on me making it hard to browse- I finally was

able to file a web complaint and all they could say was look to the forums

for an answer.... well I got no help there for all I could read everyone was

in the he same position I was and no one was helping them either so just

kept sending replies to my web help request explaining how disgusted I was

with their service - someone got back to me asked me for my email which I

had already given and said it would be 48 for a reply Again I said this is

unacceptable. After 2 days he gets back to me to tell me he cant fix the

problem it has to be escalated to senior tech support which is 24-72 hours

wait. Anther 2 days later they sent a reply saying my activation limit as

reset.

UGHHH!!!

Meanwhile the company who made my ereader was willing to replace it with a

new one and was even bringing it, personally by my house but until this was

solved we couldn't get the bottom of the ereaders problem (this all started

because we upgraded the ereaders firmware and mine malfunctioned during this

process)

I was NOT impressed at all with adobe and I never have been with any of

their product I wish the public libraries wouldn't use it

GOOD LUCK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've come to the same conclusion. If they reset my activations, I think I'll be ok, it's just a matter of how long that takes.

MA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apart from ''Photoshop'' which is simply marvelous, I have had very little to do with Adobe. However, based on my current experience with ADE, I have been forced to revise my opinion about this company. I recently purchased a Boox 60 reader which is very good, but I continue to have problems with ADE the latest being ''too many activations''. I completely agree with all you have said, I have a heart condition and have been told to avoid any kind of stress which I was managing to do fairly well until I met up with ADE,  I am new to Ebooks and don't know anything about ADE but, as far as I can see, neither do Adobe. What I would very much like to know, is there any alternative to using this software?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines