Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC and Breadcrumbs

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working in RH8 (converted from RH5) and I created 10 new topics under a TOC Book (using same name as the old book).  When I generate the WebHelp output (without selecting the add breadcrumbs links option) the breadcrumbs of the topics in new TOC Book search for a location that does not exist.  For example, the breadcrumb shows  Home > TOC Book Name > Current Topic Name.  When you select TOC Book Name for any of the newly created topics, an error is produced that says you cannot display the webpage.

However, if I select the add breadcrumbs links option, I get duplicate breadcrumbs in all the topics (not just the new ones) where one breadcrumb works and the other does not.   I would like to keep the working breadcrumbs and remove the duplicate or just get the new topics to work using breadcrumbs and the TOC Book.

I have attached pictures to support my questions.

AlajaTOC_Breadcrum.jpgTOC.jpgError Received.jpgBreadcrumbs.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

One of the Breadcrumb trails is being created by virtue of a Placeholder associated with a Master Page while the other is a global setting during generation. You might wish to try editing the Master Page, then removing and re-inserting the Placeholder. That one seems to be giving you fits.

Or just remove the placeholder altogether and use only the globally added breadcrumbs.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick:

I found it.  I needed to clean the baggage files. It seems to have fixed the problem.

Thank you,

Alaja

Message was edited by: Alaja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp