• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tweaking Merged Help TOC

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping Peter or Colum have some ideas for this - I have several WebHelp projects (disaster recovery plans) that I have merged. The merged TOC looks like the screen below. Is there any easy way to tweak the code in the final output so that the three books at the bottom of the TOC can be indented over so that fall under the Department Plans book above them? The Department Plans book is the last one in the main child project.

merged_BR_plan_TOC.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all the top level books separate projects?

Are there links between the projects?

I think what you want can be done but whether it makes sense depends on the answers. I'll look for your answer in the morning, it's late here now.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, all top level books except the last three are in one project (main child). Each of the last three books is its own project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2010 Apr 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two questions but one answer.

If you do not have topic to topic links between the main child and the other projects, then you can do what you want quite easily.

If you do have topic to topic links between the main child and the other projects, then those links will break when you generate the help. Links between topics in the main child will still be OK and links between the other child projects will be OK.

It sounds like you are using the method of merging described on my site where the parent is virtually a shell containing a redirect and holders in the TOC for the child projects. What you now need to do is regard your main child as the parent and put the holders in the TOC within whatever level of book you want. The holders do not have to be at the top level.

This is covered in an old topic on my site.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/merging_webhelp/merging_method_original.htm

It does include a method of having links between any of the projects but it is tricky and I no longer recommend it. It was a solution before the better method was found.

Backup your whole setup before you start playing.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp