Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error after install

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

After installing CF Builder, I get the error message "Licensing for this product has stopped working... Error: 148:3". I've read all there is about this problem (such as these pages: http://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder/2010/03/things_to_watch_out_while_inst.html, http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/401/kb401528.html, http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/licensing.html and the release notes) and done everything recommended there but the problem is still there.

In the FlexNet log file, I can see this error:

11:06:16 08-04-2010 

,     EventCode: 2000000a, Message: Incorrect version of the service installed
11:06:16 08-04-2010 

,     Exception: 44, Module: b0000, Location: 1, Internal: 3

It seems I have an incorrect version of the license manager installed.

I have tried both the standalone version and the plugin version and the problem is the same. I have installed with no other applications running, antivirus disabled. I've tried it all!

Please advice!

/Pelle P

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it happening on Windows or Mac?

Is the FNPLicensing service is started or not when you try to start CFB?

Just to confirm have you tried these steps ?

On Mac, please check whether you have Anchor Service installed or not in your system at path:Library/Application Support/Flexnet Publisher/Service/

For Win, you may check the path %Program Files%\Common Files\Macrovision shared\Flexnet Publisher\

If it is already installed, start FNPLicensing service (under services you can see the service with the name 'FLEXnet Licensing Service') manually and launch ColdFusion Builder.

If it is not installed or unable to start the 'FLEXnet Licensing Service' or above workaround is not working, uninstall and reinstall ColdFusion Builder as an admin user with the following guidelines.

• While installing please make sure that you there are no other high memory consuming services running and have at least 4GB of usable hard disk space.

• If it is on Windows, please make sure that 'Windows Installer' service is running.

Do you have any other Licensed Adobe products installed on your machine?

Can you please reply to me so that I can help you ?

As a last resort support team should fix it on your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens on Windows. The FNPLicensing service (FlexNet) is started. FlexNet is installed.

Other Adobe products installed: Acrobat 9 Pro, Photoshop Elements 5, Flashbuilder 4.

If I uninstall Acrobat, I get another error when starting CF Builder: Error 148:20. It seems that the FlexNet service gets installed when installing Acrobat. The CF Builder installation doesn't seem to install this service. As mentioned in my previous post, the FlexNet service log suggests that the service needs to be updated.

Note that I've been trying to install the trial version downloaded from your site. Perhaps it doesn't include the FlexNet service needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2010 Apr 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please rename the folder 'FLEXnet Publisher' ( which is under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\ )  to something else and reinstall CFB.This will install the Flexnet service as required.Hope this works for you.Please try and let me know the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that. The FlexNet service was not installed. If it's there and

running, I get the 148:3 error, if it's not there, I get the 147:20

error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you happen to run the Licenserecovery tool that is there at:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/licensing.html ?

If you have already tried that and still didn't work please contact customer support to get it rectified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the license recovery tool. It didn't help.

And, I'm sorry to say, I've tried the Customer support too. After 30

minutes of being transferred back and forth, I was transferred out

into cyberspace. It really was a frustrating experience. What I need

seems to be the Flexnet service as a separate download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to send me your mail ID to help you off-line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2010 Apr 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some help from Adobe, this is the way my problem was solved:

-          Reinstalled Acrobat to get the Flexnet service installed and registered.

-          Had a colleague, with a working copy of CFB, send me his Flexnet executable and replaced the Acrobat version with this one.

-          Started CFB and voila, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2010 Jul 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to resolve the same problem on Snow Leopard.  I have Flash Builder 4 installed.  I have tried every combination Eclipse, FB4 and CF Builder, with the licensing error.  I called Tech  Support and talked to someone for a few minutes and then was told I needed to get the Gold Service to help install the software.  Don't bother calling Tech Support they won't help, even if you have purchased the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2010 Jul 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

Can you please let me know the error code that appears on the licensing error window?

If it is 150:30 , uninstall CF Builder and reboot your machine.Reinstall CFB.Make sure that while installing you don't start other processes.

If it is any other error code, please let me know the error code... so that I can help you to fix it...

Thanks,

Krishna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2010 Jul 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Krishna,

The error code was 150:30.  I tried uninstalling CF Builder and Flash Builder many times and all combinations of installing different Standalone and/or Plugins.

The problem was apparently with the Flexnet Service, which was installed but not started.  Don't understand why Flash Builder would install, but not CF Builder, without manually starting the Flexnet Service.

After starting the service, the CF page to enter my serial number came up and everything worked after that.

This seems to be a problem for people that have not installed programs like Photoshop, before installing CF Builder.

This appears to be a common problem and Tech Support should know about it and let customers know what to do for fee.

Brad Carvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation