• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Caption Language when recording

Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This there anyway to set the style of language used when you are recording?

What I mean is when I am recording the text caption box will automatically say "Click the OK button", but what I want it to say is "Click OK".

I am using Captivate 4.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2010 Apr 14, 2010

Hello,

You have to look for the file with extension 'RDL' in the language you want to change styles. Open this file with Notepad and you'll be able to change the default Text Captions to your wishes.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2010 Apr 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You have to look for the file with extension 'RDL' in the language you want to change styles. Open this file with Notepad and you'll be able to change the default Text Captions to your wishes.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

To expound on Lilybiri's correct advice...

I though it may be helpful to know exactly where you look for these beasties. You need to look in the folder where Captivate has been installed. The folder will actually vary, based on your operating system as well as the version of Captivate and whether it was installed as part of a suite.

For exsample, in my old laptop I was running Windows XP Professional. On that system it was just C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 4. But on my new laptop I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. On this PC the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2\Adobe Captivate 4.

Additionally it's worth mentioning that before you make any actual changes to the RDL file, you should first make a backup copy in case you ever need to revert to original settings.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you to both of you - this was very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources