• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating FAQs in RH - use KnowledgeBase project?

Apr 14, 2010 Apr 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use RH8 v 8.0.2. We're wanting to add frequently asked questions but not sure what the best approach would be. We have 8 different application hlep files now. Should we add FAQ topics to the application help or should we create a new project and use the Knowledge Base project type or the e-learning project type? If anyone has FAQs in their RH project, I'd be curious to see how it was done.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

FAQs may be approached in a few different ways.

For starters, I'm not sure I'd recommend devoting a complete project to just FAQs.

A typical FAQ page lists each FAQ and a corresponding Answer just below it. The user typically has a list of questions at the top of the page where the questions serve as links to point to bookmarks farther down the page.

RoboHelp 8 can aid in that by allowing you to insert a "Mini-TOC Placeholder". What you then do is to format each question as a Heading 1 or 2 or 3. The placeholder will then manage creating the links for you. You need do anything more.

If you don't want to take that approach, you can insert the qestions/answers and use the DHTML Drop Down areas to present the answers. This can become a bit tricksy if you end up with perhaps 20 or 30 FAQs. Sometimes having gobs of DHTML drop-downs on the page can make the page load slowly and the drop-downs won't work well.

Hopefully those ideas will get you started.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologize. One of the things I forgot to metion is that we want to be able to publish the FAQs on a website. We don't want to publish our .chm, just FAQs. Would you go with a separate help project for that purpose and would you use the Knowledgebase project or just a Blank Project type?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp