Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 3 Training

Jan 23, 2009 Jan 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everyone, our company purchased Captivate 3 months ago and have been trying without much luck to find training - online or in person on how to use the product to create different kinds of learning activities. I've seen the overall tutorial, and every webinar i've participated in by Adobe is a sales pitch rather than a "how-to." any helpf would be greatly appreciated!
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Ttacci

If you notice the lower left area of the Captivate start page, it has a link to find Authorized Adobe Captivate training.

There is also Iconlogic. They offer remote training. They also offer the book used by most training centers I contract with. Additionally, note that I have links as part of my forum posts were I also offer the same instructor led internet based training.

The bottom line is that you have many options.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't go wrong with Rick to help ... but consider www.Lynda.com too -
loads of great training resources, and not only for captivate.

Steve

--
--
http://twitter.com/Stevehoward999

Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices
European eLearning Summit - EeLS
Adobe-sponsored eLearning conference.
http://www.elearningsummit.eu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya Steve

Good call on Lynda.com. Only thing is, I believe they only offer Captivate version 2 as far as their Captivate training.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2009 Jan 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Good call on Lynda.com. Only thing is, I believe they only offer Captivate
> version 2 as far as their Captivate training.
>

Good point, but there's nothing scarily different between the two, in my
humble opinion. Once you get to grips with the CP 2 info, picking up the
additional CP 3 stuff is not so hard. Depends on your general understanding
before you start though.

Steve

--
--
http://twitter.com/Stevehoward999

Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices
European eLearning Summit - EeLS
Adobe-sponsored eLearning conference.
http://www.elearningsummit.eu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2009 Jan 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the captivate 3 user guide in .pdf form. (it's 408 pages) I think it will probably be exactly what you need. I worked through much of it just like a tutorial when I first starteed with Captivate 3 ( my first version) There is also a "getting started" guide and quite a few element specific tutorials right on the adobe site.

captivate 3 manual .pdf link

captivate 3 tutorials-
click the "create content" tab for great adobe site c3 tutorials

really there are lots of great tutorials for captivate 3 on the adobe site...you just have to dig a little

I've only found 2 books specifically addressing Captivate 3 the above mentioned and "Adobe Captivate 3: The Definitive Guide ". I think both books have their strong points. I bought them, but I honestly kept referring to my user guide and the tutorials on the site...

Perhaps you might look into upgrading ?(generally great deals if you recently purchased an earlier version) ...and jumping right into 4...My first Captivate experience was with 3 and I loved it, but I think if I were you, I'd find a way to go ahead move up to 4...so many new and improved features it would be IMHO worth your while to start there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2009 Jan 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm not sure about training, but I would recommend "the Essentials of Adobe Captivate 3" by Kevin A. Siegel--I haven't read this particular book, but I've had a lot of success with that series.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources