• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TCS 2 on Windows 7 - "Licensing for this product has stopped working"

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent the last 6 days (since 4/8) with Adobe Technical Support. I have a Dell Latitude 630 Laptop running Windows 7 32-bit. For no reason at all (as is usually the case), RH8 crashed after I ran  spell check. Unfortunately, unlike all the other times, it would not restart. The error message box I kept getting (and 4 says later am still getting) is "Licensing for this product has stopped working". The only thing I've learned from this 4-day ordeal is that no one at Adobe Technical Support knows how to do anything but uninstall and reinstall this product. And, for some reason, Adobe has released this software fully aware that it will not completely uninstall using Windows 7's uninstaller - You must also then run both the Windows Uninstaller Cleaner (after downloading & installing it) and their own CS3 Uninstaller Cleaner.

After doing that twice (completely uininstalling and reinstalling), and waiting for 1) the first tech to open a case - it took him 4 days; and 2) the "top level" of support to contact me - that took 2 more days. After telling me how to completely uninstall the suite (yep, that's her fix, too), she has just advised me that the SW won't run because my computer is on a Domain. Yes, my company requires that all of our computers be connected to our Domain. What company doesn't?What is also interesting is that none of my co-workers, who are also running Windows 7, have had this problem. How many of you are successfully using TCS2 on Windows 7 32-bit AND are on a Domain? I'll bet that there are a lot of you out there. Congratulations to you all for still being able to do so! I envy you.

THE FIX: (And this is from Adobe's top level of support, or so I was told.) I've been told that I must create a Local User Account on my laptop that has Admin privileges but is NOT on a Domain, and install the TCS2 software onto that account. This will fix my problem. Interestingly, the first tech had me log onto his Adobe software that allowed him to see my desktop. Didn't he see that I was on a Domain? Or maybe he just isn't privy to this information because he's not high up enough.

I hope that this information keeps at least 1 other person from having to go thru 6 (or less or more) days of repeating your problem to countless Adobe techs who all tell you to do the exact, same thing. And, of course, hearing each one apologize for "the inconvenience" and being "so sorry you are experiencing difficulties".

Here a thought - Don't release your software until it works.

Here's another thought - Don't claim that your software works on a platform until it actually does. As my co-worker Ed says, "Got an Issue? Get a tissue!"

Cheers,

Critterlover1075

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First by being on a domain you simply mean your PC is on a network?

Second please offline me via my site with your case number. I can't promise anything but I will see if this can be escalated. Do you have any other Adobe products installed?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this link first.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405970.html

Post back how you get on. If unsuccessful, I will see what I can do.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

The higher-tiered (supposedly) Tech had me go to that Web page and follow those instructions earlier this week. I followed all of them, and still had the same problem. That was when she told me that the problem is because my laptop is connected to a Domain (see first post).

4/15/10 Update: My IT support gave me the password to log onto my laptop using the Administrator logon. This login is not connected to our Domain because it is used by our IT folks to troubleshoot problems with the laptop itself. I installed only Acrobat, RoboHelp, and FrameMaker from this login last night. Then I opened Acrobat 9 and "updated" everything. RoboHelop 8 now works (and it is accessible from my regular login), but FrameMaker is now giving an error message, something about the dictionaries, and it does not open. Here is the error dialog being thrown now by FrameMaker 9:

FrameMaker9 Error 041510.jpg

I have updated my case with this info and the screenshot of the error dialog. If you know what is causing this error in FM, please let me know what to do to fix it.

Thank you for your help!

Marlo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So not having installed with admin rights was the issue. I'm surprised by the error message it then threw and will pass that to an Adobe contact.

On the FM error, I'm sorry but I can't help you on that one. Try Support if you are feeling up to it or put it on the FM forum.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp