• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Open RH 8.0.2.208 Project in RH 8.0.0.203. Please help!

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH 8.0.0.203, but my colleague is using 8.0.2.208. I even can't open the .xpj file she

send to me. Is RH8 soooooo backward incompatible?

Who knows the method to save the project file in RH 8.0.2.208 so my RH 8.0.0203 can open?

Many thanks!

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The upgrade is free and critical. Why not upgrade and avoid the risks associated with using RH8 with the patches, particularly the second one.

You are running the risk of losing data at the moment.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2010 Apr 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter is absolutely right here, opening a project in a retroactive version can damage the stability of your entire project. However, I do have a question about your version info:

Are you basing the 8.0.0.203 on the properties of the RoboHTML.exe file, or what you see when you open RH and look at About RoboHelp? Even after you update, your .exe file properties will still say 8.0.0.203. I only mention this because there may be something else going on here.

.MW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2010 Apr 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mark

Help > About.

That should tally with what you find in Program Files. If Help > About says 802, then Program Files should show the 802 patch.

Ignore the exe properties, they don't necessarily change whereas the other two do.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp