• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change title, tooltip and icon for About button in published Webhelp?

Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About Webhelp  is just plain wrong.  The tooltip ought to read "About <project name>" and the title bar for the About window should be eliminated (or else have it read About <project ver xx>.

How do I do this?

Likewise, is it possible to change the ICON for the About dialog in the toolbar of a published Webhelp project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2010 Apr 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each forum has a Sticky Topic, Before You Post. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/467760

Please start each thread with the edition and version of RoboHelp that you are using. Sorry but we cannot remember these details about every poster.

In RH8 there is an option not to have the image or to use your own, maybe RoboHelp 7 too. In earlier versions download Rick's Skinny on Skins. I believe he has that covered there.

http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/NewProject.htm#Downloads/Skinny_on_Skins.htm

Not sure about the title. A text search on the wh files in the output would probably locate it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2010 Apr 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH8AboutScreen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it common to have technical difficulties getting pix and words in same message?

RH8 RobohelpHTML published as web help.

Reviewed SkinnyOnSkins, WH folders before posting. Cannot locate "About WebHelp" title in WH folders or files. Sent screenshot of About setup, jpgs. Expecting blue banner where URL box is published. Screenshot shows content of the URL (...wh.htm), because it is not viewable as a "page".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try opening it with a text editor?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Not sure what you mean with the comment:

Is it common to have technical difficulties getting pix and words in  same message?

Are you referring to the dialog RoboHelp WebHelp produces when you click the About icon or are you referring instead to the manner in which the forum software operates?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum software.

For some reason I never noticed the HTML link in the "title" of About boxes generated from our many previous versions of RoboHelp HTML, until I started working on our own GUI and the "About" box for the app.

I do not know where the About box reside in RoboHelp published files, I only notice that it is nonstandard content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

I modified the whskin_banner.htm file to control what displays for the About button.  The only thing I can't figure out is how to modify the tooltip.  It still says "About Webhelp" when you hover over it.

I searched the whskin_banner.html file for the words "About Webhelp" but nothing was found.  I looked in the Edit Skin wizard and couldn't find anything either.  I also searched the Skinny on Skins and it doesn't address this issue.

How do I change the About tooltip? Did I miss something?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it!

The About tooltip can be changed in the whtbar.js file.  Just search for "About Webhelp" in that file and you'll find it.

And yes, this is one of those files that gets regenerated, so you'll have to replace it each time..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or update the "seed" file among those in the RoboHelp Installation folder.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp