project file corrupt

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I keep getting the message that

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Your project file is corrupt and cannot be opened.

Try deleting this file and reopening the project.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been reading though some of the pervious solutions and none of them seem to be working.  Is there anything else I can try?

Things I've tried

1) moving the .xpj file elsewhere and opening the .hhp file, --> I get the warning There is already a Project file for this project.  Would you like to use the XPJ father thand the HHP file?  Is there another way to open a project if you delete the .xpj file?

2) renaming the .cpd file and opening the .xpj file --> RH8 open and goes into "Loading TOC" but then crashes

Is there anythign else I can try?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2010 Apr 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Each forum has a Sticky Topic, Before You Post. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/467760

Please start each thread with the edition and version of RoboHelp that you are using.

There is an article on my site about opening RoboHelp projects. The XPJ is not where I would have started. Did you backup your project before you started trying to deal with this or do you have a recent backup? If so try again following these steps.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/opening/opening_projects.htm

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp