Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp Index with alphabet

Jan 26, 2009 Jan 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I remove the A B C D etc. section at the top of the index? It looks like a non scrolling region sort of thing. Thanks for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that in the penultimate page of the wizard you have selected Pure HTML. Change to DHTML.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, Peter. I had Pure HTML selected. However, when I changed it to DHTML, the letters remained at the top like before. I fear that this is something I can't change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, I stand corrected. Sorry I hadn't allowed blocked content. Now I see "Type in the keyword to find" instead of the alphabet. Can this be removed? I am having to make the font bigger, and it cuts off this text. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not aware of any way. Perhaps someone else can chip in?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2009 Jan 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Just a thought here.

If what you are wanting to do is simply remove the text there, you should be able to do that. The first place I'd look is in the LNG file. To edit this file, click File > Project Settings... > Advanced... button > LNG File tab. Once there you should see a list of verbiage you may change. So find the verbiage and perhaps delete everything beyond the = sign.

You may also benefit from reviewing a copy of my Skinny on Skins file. Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick and Peter, thanks for the help. Yes, editing the LNG was also a big help. I appreciate the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
D'oh, One last thing how do I include a Back button within the navigation pane with the TOC and Index? I think I somehow got rid of it. All I have is the X showing at the top of the left navigation pane. I assume this ties in with the Hide option in the Navigation bar section of the Toolbar tab of the WebHelp Skin Editor. But for Previous, Next, Sync TOC, and Hide, they all set on "Default image." So, I am not sure why the X still shows but nothing else. Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp