• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see my specific problem in the other threads so I apologize if this is a duplicate post.

I'm the 1 idiot that chose the DO NOT AUTHORIZE option after I installed the program.  (I'm still not sure why this is even an option, considering the ramifications).  I was in a hurry to get the information and I never even read what would happen if I didn't authorize.  Now I've discovered, too late, the consequence.

The program became corrupted so I reinstalled it.  Now I can't access or redownload my didgital editions.

Is there a solution to this?  I'm well aware that I caused my own problem...I'm just looking for help.  Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you submit a webcase ( http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions - follow the "Submit a web case" link ), we will be able to create an AdobeID and associate it with your current content.  If you post the Case# and send me a message as a reminder in a day, I can help ensure that the case doesn't get lost in the cracks with our currently dismal first few levels of tech support, and get to us in engineering in a semi-timely fashion.

We will need one of the files (.epub or .pdf) that you can't read anymore, so we can recover your old anonymous ID, and associate it with a new AdobeID.

ps.  We have the 'anonymous' option because there are people that care more (and deeply) about their privacy than they care about long term access to the books - this is especially true of users who primarily get their ebooks from libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2009 Nov 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,, I have the same problem and filed a web support request with case #0181296732. However, I can't seem to attach anything that would help you find the original anonymous registration. In fact, I can't even get the ebook back in my library. Grateful for assistance.

You know, though, it does seem to make sense that you would provide an option to unlicense an anonymously licensed book, that it may be relicensed elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2009 Nov 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the protected pdf but the case system had a cap of 5mb, and the book is 20 mb. Please tell me how I can get it to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim.

Case #0181309234 has been opened. Hopefully I can activate my program on my laptop!!

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2010 Apr 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jim,

I opened case #0181523240, but could not upload my book - format *.epub is not allowed to upload.

How can I send you my file?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2010 Apr 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

Please, look at the case #0181523240,.

Activation count limit is NOT a problem now, it IS resolved already.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jim.

My particular case involves a .acsm file that I can't upload.

My case # is #0203314724

Is there any way I can send you the file?

Thanks for taking a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to find a pdf. file of the ebook that isn't accessible with the same error of the topic - anything to help you help me I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2010 Apr 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I uploaded my file The_Dragon_Reborn.epub to Adobe FTP server folder #0181523240

Can't update my case - error "Case #0181523240 could not be updated due to a temporary error. Please try again later"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

How long does it takes to recover anonymous ID from the file and associate it with AdobeID?
My case #0181523240 was sent to "senior technical department at adobe" on Friday, April 9.
Could you please check if it was not "lost in the cracks with ... first few levels of tech support"?

Regards,
Anatoly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the request has to filter its way up to us in the engineering team (and we have limited availability to work on these requests) the process can take months.  Which is why I suggest that your best bet will be to see if you can get a new download link for the seller of the book.

--

-jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Now something wrong happened with my adobe account. I could not login. I tried to recover my password, the recovery via e-mail works fine, I got letter to my google mail, followed all intructions, but in the end I still could not login:

"Adobe ID and password do not match. Verify your information and try again.
Otherwise, try using the email address and password used when you created your Adobe ID. If the problem persists, check the FAQ for help."

Also I could not authorize my ADE:

"Incorrect username or password
E_AUTH_FAILED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/SignInDirect a.machekhin@gmail.com"

Any idea how that could happened?

Regards,
Anatoly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The passowrd is not what you think it is.  You can get a password reset link sent to you by clicking on the "Did you forget your password" link in the login dialog in ADE, which will take you an Adobe site to log in to your Adobe ID where there is another "Did you forget your password" link, follow that along and you get an email with a link to reset to your password sent to your AdobeID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2010 Apr 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

Please, read ALL I've written.

Yes, I did clicked on the link "Forgot your password" on the login page at adobe.com. Yes, I received e-mail. Yes, I followed the link in the e-mail. Yes, I entered my AdobeID and new password. And still I can not login

Could it be that my AdobeID is deactivated or something?

Anatoly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2010 Apr 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to login using the AdobeID on the Adobe main site (click on Your Account)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2010 Apr 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it! I can not login using my AdobeID on the Adobe main site.
Now I reset my password to 123456
You can try to log in as me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2010 Apr 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would contacting Adobe support ( by phone, rather than broadcast your password in the clear), to get you to the point where you can log in with your AdobeID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what is wrong with a standard password recovery procedure?

I follow all steps, receive e-mail, in the end I see message "Your password has been changed and your Adobe.com Membership updated."

Could it be that support people has updated my AdobeID (

a.machekhin@gmail.com) with my anonymous ID from the e-book as I asked them (case #0181523240)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> But what is wrong with a standard password recovery procedure?

I don't know which is why I suggested that you contact support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2010 Apr 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

Do you REALLY think people from phone support will be able to help me with the problem YOU don't understand?

I think I will open new web case, later. As soon as support people do something useful with my current case.

Anatoly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim,

I chose the DO NOT AUTHORIZE option after I installed the program. I was in a hurry to get the information and I never even read what would happen if I didn't authorize.  Now I've discovered, too late, the consequence.

By mistake I unauthorize my computer  and trying to authorize it with my adobe id.

Now I am getting error - e_lic_already_fulfilled_by_another_user.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines