• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still Can't Download Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2010 Apr 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at my wits end.  I have an iMac OSX 10.4.11.  For weeks, now, I've been trying to upgrade my Adobe

Flash Player plug-in.  I can access instructions for downloading it, complete the download, but then it isn't there on my computer at all.  So far, I've received a letter from Adobe with instructions on solving the problem.  I followed them to the letter but still NO flash player download.  Then I received a phone call from someone who spoke such broken English, I couldn't understand a word he said.  I wish I could find a similar plug-in and try downloading it instead.  I'm pretty fed up with Adobe Flash Player.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot imagine anything more simple than installing Flash Player, but since we do not know how you are trying to install it, or what else you've already tried, all I can give you is a link to the troubleshooting page http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/2dda3d81.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! Installing Flash Player is simple, only 3 steps, each very

concise. However, once Adobe tells me Flash Player is installed, my

computer doesn't recognize it as being there. As an example, after

what appears to be a successful installation, YouTube tells me that I

need to install the latest version of Flash Player. So does Yahoo or

Google with news videos. Gee, I already DID install the latest

version of Flash Player like five minutes ago!!!

So, I uninstalled Flash Player, reinstalled it and tried again. The

same thing happened. I'm losing my mind trying to figure this out.

Also, the troubleshooting page has been no help. Nothing I've tried

has solved this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the test page mentioned in the troubleshooting guide - http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ - shows nothing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2010 Apr 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not so. The page comes up and shows the version I need which

seems to be 10.0.45.2. But, it isn't on my computer. Strange!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only place that you will find it listed is if you go into you control panel and then

what ever folder has the list of programs that can be uninstalled.

It is not list as a program on any computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. There is a special uninstaller for

your older Flash that you can get on Adobe.com . It is suppose to make sure that

everything has been uninstalled. I tried that and reinstalled. If I go into control panel>programs and features, the Flash is listed as there but if I attempt to bring up a video it says that I need to install Adobe Flash.

I notice several complaints on here. Is this site even manned by anyone at Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can say is I've done everything that Adobe or anyone else said to do.  The problem remains the same.  I did receive written correspondence from someone named "Ankur" Whatever in some faraway place who gave me a list of instructions, steps to try.  I followed them to the letter and still nothing.  Then I get a phone call from someone with Adobe Support who was probably calling me from Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Timbuktu, Outer Space for all I know.  He spoke such broken English that I kept asking him to repeat what he was saying.  In the end, we were both frustrated.  Listening to his gibberish, I still have no idea what he said.  I'm extremely fed up and I'm presently looking for some other solution.  I'm hoping to locate non-Adobe trouble-free software that's compatible with my computer.  Since I have an iMac, I'll see what Apple can offer me.  If I find it, I'll post it online so others going through this nightmare can resolve their problem WITHOUT Adobe at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 28, 2010 Oct 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem a number of times. Once I got it to work (this was before my old hard drive crashed, and I had to reload XP.) So here I am again, unable to use flash player, no matter how many times I download and install. And I'm with you,  I don't think anyone at Adobe has ever looked at this forum, or if they have, they don't give a fig about how worthless their product is... Truly frustrating! With this level of concern from this company, why would anyone Purchase anything from them? The free product should be their marketing tool, not their cesspool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree.

Every time I start Firefox I am told that I should update Flash. I follow the links, click on download and get the DLM. This opens a window with one button: "Cancel" - and nothing happens.

This has been my experience for the last few years. Even getting onto this forum has been a trial - I was told that every screen name I entered was already in use - even when I entered a completely random series of letters which had no significance a all!

FWIW my program entries are

Flashplayer 10ActiveX v 10.1.53.64

Flashplayer 10Plugin v 10.1.82.76

Message was edited by: wilsr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wilsr wrote:

FWIW my program entries are

Flashplayer 10ActiveX v 10.1.53.64

Flashplayer 10Plugin v 10.1.82.76

Both Flash Player versions are old.  Do the following

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2010 Oct 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks - that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally figured it out. Got a computer nerd neighbor to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called my 17 year old computer nerd neighbor who fixed the

problem. Finally! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I send you my address in Australia can he come down under and do mine as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutely, except for one small problem. This person is brilliant

with computers, but probably can't even spell "Australia". In

matters other than computers, he's not the brightest coin in the

fountain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally figured out how to fix this problem. Ask a teenage

computer nerd for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines