Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC and Index font size

Jan 23, 2009 Jan 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project compiled in WebHelp, and it will be accessed from a monitor that will often be touch screen, so it would be nice if the topic links in the Index and TOC were bigger. Obviously, I can change the font, size, style, and spacing in the topics themselves, but can I change that on the TOC and Index? Even if it I couldn't change the character size in the TOC and Index, if the topics have some space between them, that would be OK, too. Thanks very much for any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Yes, you may change it. You do so by editing the skin. To open the skin editor:

RoboHelp 7
Click View > Pods > Project Set-up and expand the Skins pseudo folder.
Double-click the skin.

RoboHelp 6, X5, X4, etc.
Expand the Skins pseudo folder in the left pane
Double-click the skin.

In the Skins editor, click the Navigation tab (upper right area) then the Font button in the lower right area.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
These are great suggestions and they really help. One last question. Can I remove the A B C D etc. section at the top of the index? It looks like a non scrolling region sort of thing. Thanks again for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add spacing in the TOC by creating icons for the topics and books that are taller than the icons currently used (for example, by adding white space to the top and bottom of the existing icons.) Then, in the Skin Editor, specify those icons for the TOC.

I'm not sure how you'd add spacing for the index items, though.

Hope this helps,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp