• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Robohelp6 and Robohelp7 co-exist on a machine?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2009 Jan 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I write for a few different groups, some with Robohelp 6 and some with 7.
For life to be good, I really need to have versions 6 and 7 installed on my machine. I have a license for each - my department bought version 6, and another department bought me a copy of version 7. But - when I installed 7, 6 was un-installed.

I can't develop my other projects in 7, because they won't be able to support it once I'm done (because they still have 6).

Can these two co-exist?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I currently have the following all installed and peacefully coexisting side by side on the same PC.

RoboHelp X5
RoboHelp 6
RoboHelp 7
RoboHelp 8

So I'm going to go so far as to blatantly claim that version 6 and 7 together will work. What you can't do is to expect to use 7 to edit projects and still use 6 to edit the same projects.

There is another issue that might be at play too. If 7 was purchased as an upgrade for 6, the licensing probably prevents you from leaving 6 installed and also installing 7. You would have to have purchased full versions of each to do so.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Also note that you cannot do this if you plan to use RH for Word. You will be able to import Word docs into RH HTML and produce printed documentation from RH HTML.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp