Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Communicating Enhancements in Help

Aug 17, 2006 Aug 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working with a small company and making enhancements to the software, which necessitates changes in Help. Someone suggested putting the release notes in Help. I like the idea of communicating changes, since I can't rely on management communications to do this. I don't want to put in 'Release Notes', but perhaps something a little more user freindly. My book titles all start with "managing..."

Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fairly standard approach is "What's New?"
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter. You have been very helpful in the past and I appreciate your suggestion. I thought about What's New too, but just wanted to run it by the user community.

Thanks again for all your help in these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2006 Aug 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
We use "New Features", then highlight the books/topics with the red star in teh HTMLHelp that have been changed. This page then links to the updated topics.

We are also considering apply a style to but a formatting on new or updated content. This would direct the user to exactly what had changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp