Expand my Community achievements bar.

Data lost when trying to flatten the PDF

Level 2

Hi,

My pdf gets filled by several wsdl-dataconnections. The document is than saved locally.

Afterwards it is submitted to the LiveCycle Server. In one of the processes the document needs to be flattened in order to attach it on an outgoing email.

My problem is that with neither transformPDF, neither generatePDFOutput nor renderPDFForm I got a pdf back with the data. All the prefilled tables are empty!

How can I resolve this? Please can somebody help me? It's pretty urgent...

Thanks in advance!

Kristof

7 Replies

Level 10

Well,

This is a bit more complicated than it looks like.

When you populate the data in that PDF, it puts the data in a data layer that's different than the layout.

When you flatten the PDF it just flatten the layout layer. So you need to make sure the data gets to that layout layer.

So here's something you can try. Try to export that data server side and use GeneratePrintedOuput to merge it back with you template and see if that helps.

This should be fixed in ES2 (but I never tried it).

Jasmin

Level 2

It is not fixed in ES2 because I'm using that version.

I'll try it your way and let you know, but is there no way (for example in preSave) to merge the data and the layout together?

Thanks

Kristof

Level 2

Sorry Jasmin but your proposal didn't work.

Do you know another solution?

Level 2

My problem is still not solved..

When I put a signature field on the form, sign the filled form and than flatten it via transformPDF the data is in the form as it should be! However, when I don't put a signature on it, all the data is lost! So signing a signature field must trigger something that merges the data with the form, or not? Is there a way to imitate this behaviour??

Please can anyone help me!?

Thanks in advance,

Kristof

Level 10

Can you post you the data file you're trying to merge and the template?

I'm going to try to use the GeneretPrintedOutput to merge them. This has to work. We do this all the time.

Jasmin

Level 2

There is no data file, the data comes from a WSDL-webservice and it is retreived by opening the browser with an url to the pdf file and some parameters.

How can I attach a pdf to this comment?