Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Problem with visible/hidden form

Level 2

I have been working on a form for a while and i am almost finished with it. The form consist of three pages the frist pages is a guide the second and third page are the actual form, on the second page i have 3 radio buttons N, S, or T , upon selecting any one of the buttons i want the 1st page to hide completly but it is only hiding the text and still showing the page.

On the termination radio button i have some JS that will hide the 3rd page, but will not hide the first page. any ideas on why this is happening.

see JS

NHSCTI.presence = "hidden"

NHSCT2.presence = "hidden"

i am a little lost and frustrated resolving the issue. any help would be great thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

There is no attachment here .....you cannot simply add the attachment to the email. You have to attach on the forum page.

paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Do the 1st and 2nd pages have different Master Pages?

Paul

Level 2

No, they have the same master page. I have attached the document

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

There is no attachment here .....you cannot simply add the attachment to the email. You have to attach on the forum page.

paul

Level 2

How do I do that? Sorry for the bleakness

Level 2

Thank you for the assistance

OK I think I accomplished what you want. For technical reasons once the page is layed out the Master page that was used will always be there. So that is where the blank page is coming from. To get what you want I basically reuse the Master page that is layed down by wrapping the content of the 1st page in a subform (Text_SF) and then moving the second page under the 1st page (leaving it as Positioned content). Then I make the 1st paged flowed and allow the product to set up pages based on your defined content area. Because you have content in these subforms that takes up an entire page you do not see any difference. The flowed subform will basically take the content and just place it one after the other until the container (the page) is full, then it will create a new page and continue until there is no more contained - hence the term flowed. Now when you make the Text_SF subform hidden the rest of the content gets flowed in the existing page and voila you get what you want. I only modified the first line of the New Hire button, you can fix up the others to do as you want.

long story short Pual modified my page to be flowable

Thank you Paul for your assistance

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----