• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player IE activex error.

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2010 Apr 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version of Adobe Flash player Activexthat you are trying to install is not  the most current version.

Any idea how to solve the issues?

Tried the following links.. but it isn't working

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19148.html
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49419.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

http://www2.gol.com/users/pbw/filelib/install_flash_player_ax.exe

mxvx & tombonica, Bob just posted this on that other thread and this should work.

I'm just bringing it here for you.

P.S. If you have the DLM installed, I would remove it from Add/Remove or Programs & Features and Reboot before trying this link. Also, if the DLM is installed, I am finding the getPlus is there too, so remove it.

Some have had the get_atlcom Class in their IE add ons also and in the program files the gp.ocx and gp.inf.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2010 Apr 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are getting this error message when trying to do what?

I would start resolving this by opening this page http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html

• download the FP uninstaller from section 1 (save to disk);
  • download the Flash Player 10 ActiveX installer in section 5 (save to disk);
  • close all browser windows, then run the downloaded uninstaller, followed by the installer.

P.S. if you had, by any chance, Flash Player 10.1 installed previously, then you will need the 10.1 uninstaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2010 Apr 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same problem installing the ActiveX plugin in IE8 after I installed the RC version of Flash 10.1. I can install the current release version of Flash on Chrome [beta], but not in IE8. I installed Flash 10.1 RC 1 on both IE8 and Chrome [beta], but only IE8 is giving me an issue installing the current release of Flash.

I ran the Flash 10.1 RC 1 uninstaller, then ran CCleaner (Registry cleaner option), rebooted and still can't install the ActiveX plugin. I even ran the uninstaller for Flash 10.0, but it didn't help.

Now, though, I don't know if I should keep Flash 10.0, when I can install it, I will give your suggestion a try, or just go ahead and install Flash 10.1 RC 2. I didn't know it was released.

Should I go ahead and install Flash 10.1 RC 2?

*Update*

I tried the suggestion by pwillener, but it unfortunately did not work. This is the error message I get. I guess I'll download Flash 10.1 RC 2. I mainly use Chrome [beta], but still occasionally use IE8.

http://yfrog.com/hq20100420145756j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2010 Apr 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If you have installed a Flash Player 10.1 beta or release candidate, you will need to follow the uninstall instructions posted on labs.adobe.com to revert to the currently released shipping version (10.0.45.2).  Please go to to http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html to download the Windows uninstaller.  The uninstall instructions, as posted on labs.adobe.com are:

Windows

Use the prerelease  uninstaller:

1. Save the uninstaller, and wait for it to download completely.
  2. An uninstaller icon will appear on your desktop.
  3. Run the uninstaller with the -uninstall -force command     
    1. Open the Windows Command Prompt (Run > cmd).
    2. Navigate to the directory where the uninstaller was  downloaded.
    3. Run the uninstaller with the -force command, e.g.:
      flashplayer10_1_rc2_uninstall_win_041910.exe -force

Pleaes ensure all programs that may use the Flash Player (browsers, IM clients, etc) are closed when uninstalling to ensure the player is completely and correctly uninstalled.

Regards,

Maria

P.S.  There are similar uninstall instructions for Mac posted at http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I saw those instructions and gave it a try, but wasn't sure what to do -- using the Command Prompt.

I went ahead and installed Flash 10.1 RC2.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

• Launch the command prompt:  Start > Run
  • Then type cmd in the text field, click OK.  The command window will launch.
  • When launching the command window in this manner the default directory is usually C:\Documents and Settings\UserID
  • If you downloaded the uninstaller to your desktop, change directories to the desktop, Type cd Desktop then hit Enter to execute.  This will change directories to \Documents and Settings\UserID\Desktop
  • Then type the uninstaller file name and the -force argument: flashplayer10_1_rc2_uninstall_win_041910.exe -force and hit Enter.
  • The uninstaller UI dialog will display.  Proceed to uninstall - be sure any program that uses Flash Player is closed before you uninstall.

Hope this helps.

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mvargas1:

Hi, Just a FYI. There are other issues going on right now regarding Flash Player. They do not have anything to do with

the Uninstaller of any beta. That is not the issue at this time. It is more involved than that and what many users are experiencing are all "other issues" related.

Just to be clear the regular uninstaller for the beta works just fine, no need to use the command line.

What is happening started 4/14/10 and I for one among others here are waiting for clarification of those issues.

The install of the betas and the uninstall are the same.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello eidnolb,

The issue in this thread, at least from tombonica, is that they installed a release candidate build and are now having problems unintsalling and reverting back to the shipping version (currently 10.0.45.2).  In this case, it does have to do with uninstalling a beta build.

If someone has installed a beta/release candidate, they must uninstall, from the command window, using the beta/release candiate uninstaller with the -force argument to revert to the shipping version, else they will get the error indicating the version they are trying to install (10.0.45.2) is not the most current version.  This is especially important for the ActiveX version of the player.

Please refer to http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html.  These instructions are posted there.

Again, my comment is in response to tombonica, who is attempting to uninstall a release candidate build and revert to the currently released version (10.0.45.2), not any other issues you may be refering to, which are not mentioned in this thread.

Regards,

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mvargas1

I have had this discussion with you before over past months. The topic of the thread that was started by mxvx was the message he was getting about the version he was trying to install was not the latest version. And Bob addressed that.

Tombonica was stating the same exact thing. He also stated that he ran the required Flash 10.1 RC 1 Uninstaller.

and said "and still can't install the ActiveX plug-in"

I looked at the link that clearly shows the message that he is receiving, same thing that mxvx received.

Yet, you are saying he's having a problem uninstalling the beta, when he just clearly stated he had Uninstalled it.

I know about the Uninstaller for the beta and clearly so does Tombonica, having used it. The point was, after using it,

he still was getting the message that he could not Install Flash Player vs 10.0.45.2 and his link states that also.

I posted what I did to explain to you there are other issues going on with FP, other users are getting the same message and they have not installed any betas whatsoever.

Yet you come on the thread to state the obvious, as you did on another thread. On that thread, the person's issues had already been resolved and FP and everything was working. So your same copy and paste about how to Uninstall a beta,

was lost on me as I'm sure it was for the person that had his issues solved.

This is my understanding of Tombonica's point and also mxvx and either one are welcome if it is not correct.

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still facing the issue

I downloaded the latest version 10.0.45.2 and was trying to install that from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ , It was of no help. I was getting the same error. Does it has anything to do with the debugger versions? I tried installing the debug versions of flash player?

In additions, I even get the error when I browse through livedocs.adobe.com. An example link http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/langref/mx/controls/DataGrid.html

I also tried the force uninstall.. It was also not helping

Regards

mxvx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mx,  As far as my research and forums searches show, it does not have anything to do with the debuggers.

I have been fully aware of what is happening, just have not been able to determine the exact cause. I know that last week I was working with a user and gave him the normal Uninstall and Install instructions that I have been doing for many months. He had a successful Install and everything bore that out.

Within a matter of just a few hours, I was working with someone on another thread. Although their issues were somewhat different, they too needed to do an Uninstall and Install. Everything went fine, until the Install. They received the exact message that you and many other since have received. They were redirected to the adobe.com site, the DLM(download manager hung up and all kinds of problems. The Uninstall link was the same one I had just given the previous person and it worked fine.

So I did some checking and noticed the Install links had changed. I even posted on a thread last night about it to Bob. He is trying to check into it. I made 2 PM's this morning but have not had a clarification.

Another website that offers Installs for a great variety of programs had the current beta as the latest release. Could not find except one download for the IE vs 10.0.45.2 and that was for IE only. None for Firefox or other versions, except betas. I downloaded the IE vs 10.0.45.2 to my Desktop. I don't have a test machine so can't determine what would occur if was used to Install.

Now another person I'm helping did try to install that and got redirected to the adobe.com with the DLM that they had already been thru but did not proceed.

This is what I was trying to relate a bit earlier. Something has happened, that is clear. Exactly what I'm sure we all would like to know.

Perhaps Bob has found something on it and I know he will post the info. I'll keep your thread so I can post it too for you.

That is all I know at this point.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for you help eidnolb.

One thing I am noticing is, I have uninstalled lots of times...but the file

FlashUtil10h_ActiveX.dll

is not getting deleted. Does it has anything t odo with it. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mx, you are welcome. Yes that file does. I would like to see what you have in your Flash folder and what OS and browser you use.

Will post back later.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eidnolb,

Yes, my problem is installing the ActiveX plugin for IE8 after installing and uninstalling Flash 10.1 RC1. I can uninstall Flash 10.0 on Chrome (beta), but not the ActiveX plugin on IE8.

The way I go about trying install Flash 10.0 on IE8 is by going to adobe.com, clicking on the download Flash button, then I'm taken to the download page, the DML (Adobe Download Manager thing) pops up saying that something or other had already been downloaded/installed and if I wanted to run it again (I've gotten this message before, so it's nothing new there), but when the installation is finished, I'm taken to another page -- I'm guessing it's the page where the Flash installation test happens, but I'm once again prompted to download the ActiveX plugin (again) and that's when I get the error message.

I didn't have any problems with Flash 10.1 RC1, I just decided to uninstall it. I installed Flash 10.1 RC2 and didn't get the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows XP with sp3, and IE 7.0.5730.13

I have the  following in my flash folder

flashplayer.xpt

NPSWF32.dll

NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe

uninstall_plugin.exe and

install.log file which has the following details.

Start Main Section - Date=21/04/2010 (Wednesday)
Time=17:52:02
CreateDirectory: "C:\WINNT\system32\Macromed\Flash" (1)
Call: 441
Safety Check
Call: 116
Call: 1191
File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="C:\DOCUME~1\mxvx\LOCALS~1\Temp\nsx19.tmp\UserInfo.dll"
File: wrote 4096 to "C:\DOCUME~1\mxvx\LOCALS~1\Temp\nsx19.tmp\UserInfo.dll"
CheckAdminPermissions Name = mxvx
File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="C:\DOCUME~1\mxvx\LOCALS~1\Temp\nsx19.tmp\UserInfo.dll"
File: skipped: "C:\DOCUME~1\mxvx\LOCALS~1\Temp\nsx19.tmp\UserInfo.dll" (overwriteflag=1)
CheckAdminPermissions Account Type = Admin
Jump: 148
Call: 148
Call: 74
Jump: 111
GetWindowsVersion -

CheckSupportedPlatform  - OS=XP

Call: 447
CheckFPPermissions
Call: 74
Jump: 111
GetWindowsVersion - XP

File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="C:\DOCUME~1\mxvx\LOCALS~1\Temp\nsx19.tmp\fpinstall.dll"
File: wrote 8704 to "C:\DOCUME~1\mxvx\LOCALS~1\Temp\nsx19.tmp\fpinstall.dll"
ObjectExistsAndIsOwnedBySomeoneElse = 0
Jump: 490
MessageBox: 12582960,"The version of Adobe® Flash® Player ActiveX that you are trying to install is not the most current version.
Please visit http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer to obtain the latest, most secure version."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mxvx, thanks for the info. At the end of the log where it sites the message box, what site had you gone to to Install Flash Player? Then this is the log of that attempt I assume?  Then the last entry directed you to that site. Did you attempt

to download and install from there also?

Is this log from the first attempt or from the site on this log, if in fact you used it? I'm trying to determine which site gave you that message that is in the message box.

Regarding your files in the Flash folder, it appears they are for Firefox or other non-IE browsers. I think the two files listed with a .exe are typos. I'm sure the point is that no IE Flash files are installed, which is true.

As I just posted to tombonica, I have a couple of things to check and will post back.

Thanks,

eidnolb

P.S. If any of you see or obtain any info about this, please let me know also!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To mxvx and tombonica and any others that are having the same problem:

This is the thread I posted on last night to Bob. Thot it would help keep the subject together. I cross referenced this thread to this one also:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2754474#2754474

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www2.gol.com/users/pbw/filelib/install_flash_player_ax.exe

mxvx & tombonica, Bob just posted this on that other thread and this should work.

I'm just bringing it here for you.

P.S. If you have the DLM installed, I would remove it from Add/Remove or Programs & Features and Reboot before trying this link. Also, if the DLM is installed, I am finding the getPlus is there too, so remove it.

Some have had the get_atlcom Class in their IE add ons also and in the program files the gp.ocx and gp.inf. It appears that removing those two files will automatically remove the get_atlcom Class in the add ons.

Everything after the P.S. I had users do last year, so it works.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eidnolb,

Yes, maybe calling the page a "test page" isn't correct, I think it's actually the "Successful installation" message page. You know, the Flash animation you get once the installation is over? I don't know, well, more like remember, if it's the same page -- just reloaded, or a new page on adobe.com. It's a page/Flash animation I've seen before when installing Flash, after closing the DLM window, but now I'm just prompted to install the ActiveX plugin.

I will check out your link to the other post.

Thanks eidnolb!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom, I was so glad to see Bob's post with that link, hope it works!

You are right on that description, we call it the test site. It tests your install etc.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2010 Apr 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eidnolb

Thank you very much for your kind support. it has installed successfuly following ur instructions. The prerelease uninstaller did the trick.

But not fortunate enough to view the flash files in IE. It is throwing out a java script error "Object requried"?

Is there any other setting that needs to be set?

Regards

Mukund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi..

The problem has been solved..  the following site has the solutions .need to add a varaible in registry.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934366

Thank you very much Eidnolb and other

Regards

mxvxc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mxvx, nice to hear from you, especially since you make 3 out of 3 that has had success using that link!!

I've finally heard that Adobe has made a correction in the other installer link but have not had any feedback yet. I hope so since it was creating a mess:-)

So glad you have everything working. Thanks for the MS link, will check it out.

Bob was such a help, glad he was able to provide that.

Thanks for reporting back and marking your thread as answered. I'm sure there are others having that problem and will

benefit from all that has been covered here.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eidnolb,

I'm afraid to report I didn't have success with the link you provided. I got the same error message.

This is what I did. Since I can't install the current release version of Flash (10.0), I went ahead and installed Flash 10.1 RC2 on Chrome (beta) and IE8 -- this was before you posted you link. I just tried your link, but it didn't work. What I did there was first go into the Control Panel > Add/Remove Program and uninstalled both the Flash 10.1 RC2 ActiveX (for IE) plugin and the Flash 10.1 RC2 (for Windows). I think both are the same, but if I install the latter (Flash 10.1 RC2 for Windows), Chrome will play Flash media, but not IE8.

Then I ran the Flash 10.1 RC2 uninstaller, just to make sure everything was removed, and when I ran installer in your link, the same error message popped up.

I think I'm going to stay with the Flash 10.1 RC2 version, and hopefully once Flash 10.1 is released, I'll be able to install it using the ActiveX plugin. I can install Flash on Windows, be it the current release or RC, but only Chrome can use it. I wasn't having any issues with Flash 10.1 RC1, I just decided to uninstall it. Flash 10.1 RC2 hasn't given me any issues either.

Thanks much for all your assistance.

Regards.

PS I just saw mxvx's link, but that deals with IE7 and I'm on IE8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom, thanks for the information and comments. I am not going to try to change your mind, just want to make an observation and a comment or two.

You installed RC2 in Chrome & IE; then you Uninstalled from Add/Remove the RC2 ActiveX & the RC2 plug-in. Then you ran the pre-release Uninstaller. Then you ran the Installer using the link I provided, and received the same error. Now correct me if I am wrong, but at this point no Flash Player was installed in IE, correct? But you did re-install RC2 in Chrome? So if I am following you correctly, Flash Player RC2 is working in Chrome. IE is not working because you did not

Install ANY version of Flash Player, correct?

Now I would like to draw your attention to this link:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html#uninstallers

Page down to "Flash Player 10.1 Release Candidate 2"

Download plug-in for Windows (my comment: this is for Firefox and any "other browser" supported)

Download ActiveX for Windows (my comment: this is for those using Internet Explorer)

Just wanted to point out that you thot when you removed RC2 ActiveX (for IE) & RC2 (for Windows) from Add/Remove they were the same. Adobe didn't make this very clear. ActiveX always is Windows, plug-ins are non-Windows if you will (FF, Chrome, etc) I'm sure you used both before, right?

Just wanted to mention too, that sometimes when several Uninstalls and Installs are done, a glitch can occur. An old Flash file may not get removed and cause a problem, etc. The only way to know for sure is check your Flash folder.

If you want to check your Flash folder and make sure no unwanted IE files are in there, then you could Install the RC2 and see if that would work for you.

Thanks for listening,

eidnolb

Message was edited by: eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines