• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to reuse a CSS?

Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In creating a new Project I have Imported Master Pages to reused and it appears to bring in all associated files.  The CSS is not showing up in teh Style Sheets folder, however it is there because the inline styles are available. In Flare, you could go to the Project menu item and Add CSS.  How does RH handle this kind of activity? Not certain what is going on? I also had custom colors but the are not showing up in color chooser.

I am running RH8.

Thank you.

Basically I am just trying to resuse the MP and CSS for each project to keep things the same.

JC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 23, 2010 Apr 23, 2010

Hi Chunkee

Methinks it isn't showing because you haven't clicked Save All to update all the references...

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use Windows Explorer to drop the CSS into the root of your project. Then it will be available to you.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2010 Apr 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. I have tried that.  In the Project Manager the Style sheets are still not showing up? If I want to make ammendments or tweaks to them,how can I do that using the RH editor? Also, what file carries the custom colors added to the pallet?

If i right click on Style Sheets folder and explore and browse to the style sheet folder, one of the style sheets exists., but still does not show up in the RH Project Manager. 

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have your Project Manager pod filtered so that style sheets are suppressed. Click the funnel icon ICO_filter.png and ensure style sheets is selected. As for custom colours, these are located in the RJCOLOR.APJ file located in your project's directory. You can edit this file from the Format > Colors menu item once inside a topic.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply Andrew. Filter is okay.  None seem to be showing up now no matter what project I load.  The Style Sheets folder just shows topic folder lists and no Style Sheet files. I have attached a screenshot.

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sir for that cool reply!  For some reason that does not work for me either.  I even refreshed the folder structure. Not certain of what the deal is...no Style Sheets show up.

Check it out...thanks for introducing me to JING  🙂

No style sheets?

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than post a link, try using the Insert Image icon as shown below.

adobe_forum_camera_icon.png

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to a topic, select Properties and browse to the CSS. Once attached to one topic, it should show in PM.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, it should, but none of them are...? Do not know what is going on?

The Jing vid I linked to shows what I am talking about. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you have added doesn't show anything. It would be better if you used the Insert Image icon as detailed above to show us what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chunkee

Methinks it isn't showing because you haven't clicked Save All to update all the references...

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize everyone.  Andrew, it is not an image, it is a link to a hosted vid.

http://www.screencast.com/t/OTVmZDU0MGU

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick is spot on. If you look at the topic tab you'll see an asterisk. This indicates it is unsaved and any changes made to it (including adding/changing the style sheet) will not be reflected elsewhere in the project. If you save the topic or the project I bet your style sheet will be revealed in all its majesty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That seemed to do it. Thanks everyone for your patience and assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp