Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to Get XML from the PDF form generated using Designer that is stored in LC

Level 1

We have a Requirement of Generating reports on what a PDF form is comprised of? It is easy for us to scan / parse the XML format of the PDF form and get all the relavent Info we need. We are able to see the XML format of the PDF form when we open up the Form in Designer.

But we are trying to run this report in a Batch Mode for many PDF files. I need to know how to get a XML format of the PDF file that is stored in LC that was developed using Designer. Once we are able to get the XML of the PDF form it is just a scan / parse to get the relavent data.

Can some one tell me how to get the XML format of a PDF file stored in the LC?

7 Replies

Former Community Member

There are server tools that will give you back the xml template design but there are no client tools. You can include the template in a submission to a server but without doing a submission I do not see how you woudl get it (in a batch mode) on a client.

Paul

Level 1

If I place the PDF form on the LC server - Can you let  me know of the tools you are referring to get XML design from the PDF form?

Is it through a Process Orchestration I need to run the PDF through to get a XML design out of it?

I am fine in storing the PDF in the LC server? How will I get the XML design (XML) from this PDF on the server?

Former Community Member

In the Common category of services there is a convert PDF to XDP service that you can use.

Paul

Level 2

Hi Paul,

Is it possible to give me the name of the API and a sample to see this, am not getting the XML?

Kindly, elaborate.

Thanks,

Sonika

Former Community Member

I do not have a sample but here is a screen shot that shows the service I am refering to....

Paul

screen1.png

Level 4

Hi Paul,

I tried doing the pdf to xdp conversion and i saved the output of the process as an xdp file. When i open the xdp in a wordpad only the global fragments are properly visible. Rest of the text is encrypted. Can you suggest some way out of this so that i can get the complete pdf's xml content.

Former Community Member

I think the xdp is base64 encoded ....but I ma not sure. There are XPath extension in the document function that will decode it for you.

Paul