Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command Line build - no images for hardcopy output

Apr 02, 2010 Apr 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH8 HTML 8.0.1. In RH, I have no issues with images appearing in my generated .doc files. Same thing with .chms. No issues with images generated via RH or via command line. It's when we try to generate hardcopy output via command line on the server that I am missing all my images. My boss had me perform the following test:

1. On C:\ drive, create a small help project that mimics the folder structure on the network and build server:

C:\html\apps\projects\ct (fct32.xpj resides at the root of "ct" and then I have a "src" subfolder and additional subfolders under "src" that hold the images and html files.

2. Create cmd_RH.bat at the root of C:\

3. Add the following to the batch file:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML\rhcl.exe" "<path><test_project_name>.xpj" -l "<name of the SSL>" -o “<output directory>” -g “c:\temp\RH_test.log”

Actual: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML\rhcl.exe" "C:\html\apps\projects\ct\fct32.xpj" -l "Control Reference Guide" -o "c:\temp" -g "c:\temp\RH_test.log"

4. Check for missing images

I have no images in my .doc generated from the batch file. Boss wants me to use an Adobe Lifeline (one of our incidents) but I haven't had much luck in the past with the help desk.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You need to keep the output directory same as .xpj file location. In order to separate the results, you can create another directory called "output" inside the project folder where the actual .xpj file located.

So the script would be as follow:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe  RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML\rhcl.exe"  "<path><test_project_name>.xpj" -l "<name of the SSL>"  -o “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe  RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML\output” -g “c:\temp\RH_test.log”

You can use this, it should resolve the issue.

Adobe Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never generate to the same folder as the XPJ file. A sub-folder within the !SSL! folder, which is itself a sub-folder to the project folder with the XPJ file in it, is OK.

I think that is what Robo Cap meant but I wanted to clarify that.

ROBO CAP

You have indicated that you are Adobe Support. Do you mean you are an employee of Adobe or just someone providing a bit of support and adding that as a bit of fun? If the latter, please don't as it is misleading.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2010 Apr 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

No, I didn't mean that, because when we are generating the help file from SSL window in RoboHelp application, it creates the SSL! and other chain of subfolders.

So it can messed up the output generated from command line if we will keep the SSL location. But since it generates many other files while generating help file, so I suggested to create an output directory, so users can create directory with any name just to keep helpfiles separate.

Users should create another subfolder inside output folder if they are generating multiple help file using command line.

I hope this makes sense.

Yes I am an adobe Employee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2010 Apr 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I sort of thought we were at one but just wanted to remove that element of doubt.

Good to see support looking in here. I'm sure you understand why I asked.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp